Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V9 Software Update Size?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nerdy_Engineer

Brett - The Nerdy Engineer
Sep 22, 2016
Colorado
Does anyone know how large the V9 firmware update is? My AP1 Model X has downloaded almost 50GB of data over the past week, but it still hasn't given me the update yet!

zQDLEqVjThGm88-6LPVsQdh1lAX_Xialo1yYmdVJHApSJf1n3iHNhGwMhEiA78E3SZFJJ8lM0o4H1GW4GJ_3Bm-yOIFB_syXV_T908r4P6y2TPc989XML4oorj1SfJ0mUySU6bt-tcxndKDU6ce5tpb0nc4Ns5p1HaBC8eLlz8qlVeWS4B4ILWUx2bwJ48IU90zvTpuDEvX2HAkD3nDTNuhdvH_1YH-jgOKECYkBKuPHVNfvGbjV5QMAeB0DRN8p1BVYCSxRUjxHHVF-agHjgZtLRhOOvEmw_fl7gKqKWRQdBwubaOzq72MqHBXC1X-tv9aSqwO9UTlgDsgIhU1SLeGN-KJdRM17vZNJKZChRSBXqLFnz9yZeMZKepU03HLReAj2edMBC9whpiVwg5VeNpyH_hQwhqCrrnjYnImRJAVV8kxD_VpmQ5XzcSeq7MilxqIRtgQuonKDBm2fyEmIdNEMjZy-kZj6kwQupfJ5W2PwdA-UY7UKbjrgOB9qSLSwydcn1nWZtbJQe3g7l769URw8Ye8wAxouIOFHbt5bP80oeEA2FAXP_JId1pkAJnK2uD0J0fLkClGuUiEGrLMGbehxXS0diNfJ3QY5vFMw8ePMIQwF6t0rEkLyFeeMtoy8=w660-h903-no

Thanks guys! I went ahead and reset my Model X. Hopefully that clears out whatever is causing the issue. I'm looking forward to getting to play around with V9 even though I'm big fan of having the rear view camera up on the top half. It's going to take some getting used to. But I love how Teslas keep feeling more modern every couple of years with these UI updates.

Reactions: r0xx0r
I have a Google WiFi router. It allows you to look at usage over different time periods for each individual device. It's a double edged sword.
Oh, you mean it allows Google to look at the usage for each individual device and perform deep packet inspection for all kinds of other statistics. More like a baby Swiss Army knife vs the guillotine ;)

That said, I'm jealous. Ubiquiti's Amplifi doesn't even give you the Swiss Army knife, just an approximation of the device's current bitrate (not even broken down to down/upstream) or basically some nail clippers ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
Good news! Late last night my car finally prompted me that there was an update available! Yesterday I reset both screens using the steel wheel reset method, and I also turned on "Always Connected" and turned off "Energy Saving Mode" in the settings. I'm not sure if any of those things had an effect or if it would have worked itself out on its own, but I'm happy to report I now have V9!

• Informative
Reactions: r0xx0r
Good news! Late last night my car finally prompted me that there was an update available! Yesterday I reset both screens using the steel wheel reset method, and I also turned on "Always Connected" and turned off "Energy Saving Mode" in the settings. I'm not sure if any of those things had an effect or if it would have worked itself out on its own, but I'm happy to report I now have V9!

Most likely your VIN finally came up for update. It has only been 4 days (October 5th) since V9 started rolling out to the masses so I'd assume 50% or a little more are updated.

What's your full version number?

Lol. My car is always at that setting and doesn’t have any update. I believe it is the mothership decision.

Oh, you mean it allows Google to look at the usage for each individual device and perform deep packet inspection for all kinds of other statistics. More like a baby Swiss Army knife vs the guillotine ;)

That said, I'm jealous. Ubiquiti's Amplifi doesn't even give you the Swiss Army knife, just an approximation of the device's current bitrate (not even broken down to down/upstream) or basically some nail clippers ;)

Apparently Ubiquiti has a way of doing this. But as soon as it start walking through the steps in the CLI I lost interest.

And this morning V9 was ready to be installed. So I guess poking around in the router helped!

I have a Google WiFi router. It allows you to look at usage over different time periods for each individual device. It's a double edged sword.

I love Google Wifi. Before I got it, I didn't realize there are over 40 devices connecting to my WiFi every month with over 500GB download and 50GB upload. I can even tell what time is certain individual in the house went to bed and if he stays up to play Fortnite until which hours... :cool: