TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Valet

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by modelx007, Feb 14, 2016.

1. modelx007

modelx007 Member

I've only had my model s a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone valets? My current thinking is no way and will rather walk vs letting some stranger jump in.

What do you do?

2. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

I never would except the Loew's hotel in Santa Monica requires it to park. This was before valet mode. It is very reassuring to be able to check on the location of the car at anytime with the app.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I do and don't worry about it. Worst thing that's happened is an ink mark on my driver's seat that I was able to get out myself.

4. dolceexte

dolceexte New Member

In certain areas you pay a bit more to get it in front of the area and keep the keys

5. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

I worked with a guy who used to valet park cars. After hearing his stories I decided to avoid it whenever possible.

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I wouldn't say that's the worst thing that could happen...

In the summer I walked by a valet trying to parallel park a minivan, and I wouldn't have paid attention except I heard a loud crunching sound, I turned around and saw him curb the rims. And he was still trying to push the minivan into the parking space, causing further damage to the rims.

I also valet though.

7. CasuaL

CasuaL Member

Luckily, in Europe it isn't common at all... when I was living in the US I tried to avoid it whenever possible.