Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And white.

Wow. Does anyone know a reason why? Are they more difficult/expensive to pull off?

Both Red and White are Tri-coat (with a tinted clear coat) pearl paints vs the normal dual coat paints for the other colours

The price reflects the cost of the extra layer(s) in complexity.

There's a marketing aspect it to it as well tied to the white interior but it's primarily the extra costs involved.

The red just pops and is well worth the extra $$ imo.

I forgot to say that when I went into the dealership today I was told that they thought the CEV for BC would last about 7 months as only a million was used up in June. Ummm, it was a wee bit more than a million in June but I'm guessing it'll run out in about 3 months.

I was told that they thought the CEV for BC would last about 7 months as only a million was used up in June. Ummm, it was a wee bit more than a million in June but I'm guessing it'll run out in about 3 months.

Well, two weeks ago on May 16th, the total remaining was $12,632,838 (yes, I've been keeping track). So it seems like they are dispersing just over a million every 2 weeks. All our model 3 deliveries in June should take a chunk of the remaining funds. I'd be surprised if there's anything left by the fall. But, who knows? The prov gov might renew or put something else in place to replace it.

CLEAN ENERGY VEHICLE PROGRAM | Clean Energy Vehicles for British Columbia

$6,761,170 (at the time of this post)

It's going extremely fast -- about a million a week if it's gone from 12.6M (May 16) to 6.7M (June 29) or a bit less, if my math is correct, and I'm terrible at math, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canuck
Reservation online day one. Configured and uploaded all docs Wednesday June 27th. Black RWD. Now given Sept-Nov though when I ordered it was telling me 4-8 weeks. I don't know what to expect at all right now.
i'm hoping that once Tesla has their end of quarter call we will start to see some cars coming north of the border. Fingers crossed my car is on one of the next few batches coming to YVR.

Sooooo everyone is out enjoying their Model 3's?
I've racked up 5,000+km in 5 weeks.
A tank of gas gets about 500km @ about $100 per tank.
So I've saved $1,000.
Which means, like me, everyone is out having fun!

We’re road tripping! :) Victoria - Vancouver - Hope - Merrit - Kamloops - Revelstoke - Golden - Radium Hot Springs*. Couple days here, then on to Drumheller for a night and back home via the Vernon route.

*Yes yes, I don’t want to hear a word about all those stops. Someone’s husband may or may not be working through a touch of range anxiety. ;)

We’re road tripping! :) Victoria - Vancouver - Hope - Merrit - Kamloops - Revelstoke - Golden - Radium Hot Springs*. Couple days here, then on to Drumheller for a night and back home via the Vernon route.

Assuming you will be using supercharging stations, can you share what the cost is like for your itinerary when you're back? Have fun!

Reactions: Kira

*Yes yes, I don’t want to hear a word about all those stops. Someone’s husband may or may not be working through a touch of range anxiety. ;)
I’ve done most that in a Leaf with 150 max range. Tell him to chill. It’s no big deal.

That's fantastic!
Please share your results and thoughts on the trip.
How the car handles and the charging stations.
I was going to take a trip in August to Vernon, but it got cancelled.
I had planned on hitting Hope, Merritt and Kelowna, for about 15 min each rest break.

I’ve done most that in a Leaf with 150 max range. Tell him to chill. It’s no big deal.

I can assure you that chill vibes have been passed along throughout the journey so far ;) We’ll try skipping stops on the way back now that we know how much range we use with the A/C, music, etc on. That said, one child has the world’s smallest bladder so we may need to stop anyways....

———————

@phtp — sure thing! I imagine the numbers from the first half won’t be very helpful aside from being an excellent learning opportunity for a certain co-pilot on why it doesn’t make good financial sense to charge battery to 90% when we’re only driving a short way to the next SuperCharger. :rolleyes:

Reactions: phtp
I just drove from Vancouver to Lethbridge and back. Probably around 2500km, but I didn’t track exactly, cost me $92. Charged in Kamloops, Revelstoke, Golden (only a few minutes), Canmore and Fort McLeod. Coming home I supercharged Canmore, Golden, Kamloops. I did get a few KM of range in Banff and Chilliwack while making quick stops at free chargers. Had a couple moments of range anxiety coming home but in the end there was no reason for any concern. Was an amazing trip.

• Informative
Reactions: Koflach and phtp