Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not a huge fan of the 3d Spider Ones, I have them in my current car and they never get clean even with pressure wash and scrub.

I'm going to order the Tuxmat ones + the rear trunk.

I'm expecting a gong show on June 1st pickup.
I have the tux mat, delivered last week. I bought it because it comes up so high I figured that would contain the most mess.
I don’t have the car yet so no comment on their fit, but I am not exactly in love with the material. It reminds me of a cheap vinyl leatherette couch material. I have them now so I plan to use them, but I prefer the feel of real rubber on my all weather mats. I bought the Tesla branded rear trunk mat and it is a very good rubber material.

Interesting. I've read that once the VIN shows (for Canadians) it means the car has cleared customs and is in Canada. I'm curious as to how much having to physically deliver the cars to customers will create a log jam. Hoping they'll rent out space at the PNE before the end of June to hit their Q2 numbers, but I bet a pushback past June 1st is principally an indication as to the level of that backlog (ie, the delivery date was estimated based on "normal" parameters of shipping/delivery--totally making that up, but that's my working theory!).

I got my VIN one day after the end of manufacturing date, and about two weeks before the pickup date, so pretty sure it is when it leaves the factory, not when it clears customs. Of course delivery to BC is short compared to Toronto.

I have the tux mat, delivered last week. I bought it because it comes up so high I figured that would contain the most mess.
I don’t have the car yet so no comment on their fit, but I am not exactly in love with the material. It reminds me of a cheap vinyl leatherette couch material. I have them now so I plan to use them, but I prefer the feel of real rubber on my all weather mats. I bought the Tesla branded rear trunk mat and it is a very good rubber material.

Ya, that’s my only gripe about them, the design looks great, but that material in some of the videos look like shiny cheap wallet material.

I’ll creep around for rubber mats.

Ya. Ordered on May 5th.

My Vin was hidden until the 18th. Just did the source code lookup to find it.

Ahhh, I think because I have a trade-in that had money owing on it when I uploaded the info, the status of the trade-in still shows as "pending", so I don't get to the link that apparently shows the VIN, which I dug up from another thread (I guess I can't go to the "finalize" stage as I'm missing my trade-in checkmark):

[I can't figure out how to include text vs. a link, so I've added some XXXs instead of WWWs]​

view-source:https://XXX.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNYYY

If I go to the above link in Chrome, and search for 5YJ, I see the VIN.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but...okay maybe I am.

Just an FYI for anyone else who is trading in a car with $ owing (which I'm assuming is why the trade-in shows "pending" as they are confirming my lien amount so they know how much my final payment will be).

Confirmed I only paid 12% tax in Van for SR+ black/black no add ons. I just double checked my MVPA and for some reason I paid less financing fee ($64.10 instead of $113.43 - rep said this does vary), and I only paid 12% tax not 13% (tax of $6609.60 vs $7160.40) My down payment was bigger but that shouldn’t have anything to do with it.

All of that said my first online account update just prior to delivery with down payment and actual monthly payment correct showed the wrong taxes payable (13% not 12%). This was corrected on the MVPA (once it was visible online) which matched my final invoice. Maybe yours will be amended just prior to delivery.
Confirmed I only paid 12% tax in Van for SR+ black/black no add ons. I just double checked my MVPA and for some reason I paid less financing fee ($64.10 instead of $113.43 - rep said this does vary), and I only paid 12% tax not 13% (tax of $6609.60 vs $7160.40) My down payment was bigger but that shouldn’t have anything to do with it.

All of that said my first online account update just prior to delivery with down payment and actual monthly payment correct showed the wrong taxes payable (13% not 12%). This was corrected on the MVPA (once it was visible online) which matched my final invoice. Maybe yours will be amended just prior to delivery.

Thanks for the info ride365 :)

Ahhh, I think because I have a trade-in that had money owing on it when I uploaded the info, the status of the trade-in still shows as "pending", so I don't get to the link that apparently shows the VIN, which I dug up from another thread (I guess I can't go to the "finalize" stage as I'm missing my trade-in checkmark):

[I can't figure out how to include text vs. a link, so I've added some XXXs instead of WWWs]​

view-source:https://XXX.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNYYY

If I go to the above link in Chrome, and search for 5YJ, I see the VIN.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but...okay maybe I am.

Just an FYI for anyone else who is trading in a car with $ owing (which I'm assuming is why the trade-in shows "pending" as they are confirming my lien amount so they know how much my final payment will be).

Hey 9-Volt,

My trade-in task was also was set to pending, even after getting an offer on the 2nd day after ordering my SR+ (Ordered on May 12th).

Today, I called the Robson St Tesla store and selected sales department. The sales person was so pumped up and happy that I have ordered one. He processed my trade-in and said there are waiting to assign a VIN/Car to my order. With-in 5-10mins, my account got updated with a confirm button, when confirmed the account got updated with 2 tabs (Next Steps (contract) and Completed tasks). Now I'm waiting for my final contract draft before the delivery.

After seeing your post, I went back to my account view-source and found my VIN 5YJ :). Delivery appointment set to July 12, 2019 (but the sales person said that the date was auto-generated and advised me to wait for a delivery call/text or email).

Last edited:
Hey 9-Volt,

My trade-in task was also was set to pending, even after getting an offer on the 2nd day after ordering my SR+ (Ordered on May 12th).

Today, I called the Robson St Tesla store and selected sales department. The sales person was so pumped up and happy that I have ordered one. He processed my trade-in and said there are waiting to assign a VIN/Car to my order. With-in 5-10mins, my account got updated with a confirm button, when confirmed the account got updated with 2 tabs (Next Steps (contract) and Completed tasks). Now I'm waiting for my final contract draft before the delivery.

After seeing your post, I went back to my account view-source and found my VIN 5YJ :). Delivery appointment set to July 12, 2019 (but the sales person said that the date was auto-generated and advised me to wait for a delivery call/text or email).

Oh my, 2 months wait now

Hey 9-Volt,

June 12th (not July 12th :oops:)

Hey 9-Volt,

With-in 5-10mins, my account got updated with a confirm button, when confirmed the account got updated with 2 tabs (Next Steps (contract) and Completed tasks). Now I'm waiting for my final contract draft before the delivery.

Thanks! I pinged my Tesla guy and he basically said to chill out (nicely). I suspect you didn't have any amount owing, so they could just clear that hurdle. I think they are waiting for confirmation that I paid out my existing loan, which they'll do closer to delivery (apparently/hopefully!).

Thanks you guys!!

Placed an order for the 2018 3D Maxspiders from Partsengine.ca. $195.29 for front and back (all-in, shipped to YVR):

PartsEngine

Hope I didn't C*[arpet]Block you Tim (different store, I know, but still I figured we wouldn't be alone in wanting to bring our own carpets in a garbage bag to pick up the car)!

Never ordered from partsengine before, so hope they are in-stock and--to quote the great Mr. Hammer--"legit enough to ship".

Sadly, I'm in the same boat as you Mexi. I've pretty much gone all-in on the Model 3 (paid off my existing car loan, bought wheels, tires, phone mounts, carpets, etc.) and I don't even have a VIN assigned!! The EV better be topped up, or Craigslist here I come!
Thanks, I will check Partsengine.ca. seems like they got a better deal.
Good luck to you with getiing VIN in next couple days ;)

I think you ordered May 5th? That's not bad at all, given the chaos.

Do you know when you first saw your VIN or delivery date appear online?

I ordered an SR+, Black/Black with 18-inch aeros on May 16th. Will be interesting to see how much extra backlog there was from the 5th to the 16th (I'm guessing it could be ~1,000 cars), and how quickly they can deliver the ones that were ordered during that period. In other words, I'm betting they can take orders faster than they can deliver cars.

From what I can gather reading these forums and checking the order tracking spreadsheet, no one from YVR who ordered my basic configuration after May 7th has received a VIN. Based on your timeline, I'm hoping for a VIN by this Friday with delivery by the middle of June, but time will tell.

Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

I order the same one (BLK/BLK/18) on the same day (16th), but at night (7pm?). Let's see how that goes for us.

I do have some confusions related to my order and the sales didn't answer my calls. Can you please share some of your details if don't mind?
1. As I don't have any options added on, total should be just under 55,000. However, tax is calculated based on 13% ($7,160.40) as opposite to 12% ($6609.60). What tax were you see on your detailed finance info page?
2. Did you receive your PIN yet? I don't. But using the "view source" method they mentioned above, I can see my VIN in the source code. Not sure if it's the real thing though.

Good luck on both of us getting the car quicker.

Thanks!

1. As I don't have any options added on, total should be just under 55,000. However, tax is calculated based on 13% ($7,160.40) as opposite to 12% ($6609.60). What tax were you see on your detailed finance info page?

2. Did you receive your PIN yet? I don't. But using the "view source" method they mentioned above, I can see my VIN in the source code. Not sure if it's the real thing though.

Thanks!

#1 - Mine shows the same as yours (13%), but Ride365 says that should be "fixed" before delivery (not sure how it gets "fixed" or whether it will be "fixed" for us, as the $100 A/C fee should push it into 13%, unless Tesla lowers its price by $80): Vancouver BC VIN .

#2 - No VIN (other than in the source code). I thought I'd just upload what I'm seeing. I guess the Estimated Delivery Date changes from the generic 2-4 weeks with a specific date. My guy says don't worry about the trade-in still showing as "pending", which probably makes sense as I'm guessing they only have someone look at all of that stuff once they have a known delivery date and VIN. I vowed (mostly for my own peace of mind!) to cool my jets.

upload_2019-5-27_10-46-14.png

#1 - Mine shows the same as yours (13%), but Ride365 says that should be "fixed" before delivery (not sure how it gets "fixed" or whether it will be "fixed" for us, as the $100 A/C fee should push it into 13%, unless Tesla lowers its price by $80): Vancouver BC VIN .

#2 - No VIN (other than in the source code). I thought I'd just upload what I'm seeing. I guess the Estimated Delivery Date changes from the generic 2-4 weeks with a specific date. My guy says don't worry about the trade-in still showing as "pending", which probably makes sense as I'm guessing they only have someone look at all of that stuff once they have a known delivery date and VIN. I vowed (mostly for my own peace of mind!) to cool my jets.

View attachment 412575

Thanks! I just started a thread to record the VINs that we see in the source code to see if that even mean anything. thread Reveal your VIN before it appears on your account