Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to BCAA to get a quote for the Model 3....it seems like they are significantly cheaper than ICBC. I live and Vancouver and will use the vehicle mainly for pleasure. Will end up saving ~$800. Has anyone gone with BCAA and any issues to note?
Would also like to know! In the same scenario as you and considering BCAA for all comprehensive and additional 3rd party liability.

Placed my order on Aug 12. Eagerly awaiting :)

Would also like to know! In the same scenario as you and considering BCAA for all comprehensive and additional 3rd party liability.

Placed my order on Aug 12. Eagerly awaiting :)
I used BCAA for my M3 and things went very smoothly. When I bought the car I just did everything through ICBC at the store and the next day went to ICBC and had everything changed. Doing my Basic with ICBC and Comprehensive with BCAA ended up coming to about $12/year more than my 2014 Hyundai Sonata.

I just got in my "Performance Pedal Set" today and they look really good. You can buy them from Tesla (the ones for the S/X fit the 3) for $199 or you can get them off eBay (bonus is you get the dead pedal too) for $23.27 USD shipped from China. It took mine about 3 weeks to arrive and were way better value than the same ones from Tesla. Here's a link if you're curious. 2018 3pcs Aluminum Accelerator Pedal Cover Gas Pedal for Tesla Model | eBay

I used BCAA for my M3 and things went very smoothly. When I bought the car I just did everything through ICBC at the store and the next day went to ICBC and had everything changed. Doing my Basic with ICBC and Comprehensive with BCAA ended up coming to about $12/year more than my 2014 Hyundai Sonata.

Upon pickup you purchased comprehensive/extended liability and then canceled after switching to BCAA?

Also, anyone have ideas on if AWDs are being delivered in YVR? Really hope I get this in before the CEVBC incentive runs out.

Upon pickup you purchased comprehensive/extended liability and then canceled after switching to BCAA?

Also, anyone have ideas on if AWDs are being delivered in YVR? Really hope I get this in before the CEVBC incentive runs out.
That is essentially correct. I signed up for everything with ICBC and then cancelled the comprehensive the next day to get it with BCAA. The reason I did this was because BCAA is awful at answering the phone when you call them and it was just easier to do it this way.

Reactions: fidodido
I just got in my "Performance Pedal Set" today and they look really good. You can buy them from Tesla (the ones for the S/X fit the 3) for $199 or you can get them off eBay (bonus is you get the dead pedal too) for $23.27 USD shipped from China. It took mine about 3 weeks to arrive and were way better value than the same ones from Tesla. Here's a link if you're curious. 2018 3pcs Aluminum Accelerator Pedal Cover Gas Pedal for Tesla Model | eBay

I think I got the same set. Are the brake pedals wider? I ended ordering the set specifically for model 3 because of that problem.

Got mine on Thursday last week.

I think I got the same set. Are the brake pedals wider? I ended ordering the set specifically for model 3 because of that problem.

Yes, the break pedal is slightly wider. Today was my first day of actual use and I saw no noticeable difference with it being a little wider. I ended up just pushing the pedal as far away from the accelerator as possible. Very pleased with the look and feel of them.

Taking delivery today but I don't have any blank cheques for in case.... how important is this!??! My DA says I probably won't need them but im FREAKING OUT!!!! Did anyone have to use blank cheques?

If you're doing Tesla financing, you do need a void cheque. You should be able to print one out from your online banking website.

Btw, how are you planning to pay the balance?

Taking delivery today but I don't have any blank cheques for in case.... how important is this!??! My DA says I probably won't need them but im FREAKING OUT!!!! Did anyone have to use blank cheques?

FYI - Just an update. Picked up my Red AWD Model 3 and things went smoothly. Was there for about 3 hours though waiting for paperwork so the DA gave us a full tour...very useful! Apparently they are no longer doing that because of so many deliveries though.

FYI - Just an update. Picked up my Red AWD Model 3 and things went smoothly. Was there for about 3 hours though waiting for paperwork so the DA gave us a full tour...very useful! Apparently they are no longer doing that because of so many deliveries though.

I was there yesterday picking up my car...they said they expected 90 cars to be picked up from 10am - 7pm yesterday but half the cars were stuck on a couple trucks at the border. Would have been madness if it was the full 90 yesterday.

Pretty smooth and easy process and the people there were pretty helpful and friendly.

Reactions: cil0n and fidodido
I'm picking up a red AWD this week! Did you checklist the car during delivery? Just wondering about build quality, paint issues, body damage, etc.

Hi I am new here... scheduled to pick up our AWD in a week! To those who have picked up at the Powell Street location, is the lighting good for inspecting the car? Thanks and very excited.

Absolutely not. It’s just an outdoor parking lot, and if it’s raining, it is very hard to inspect the car. That’s what happened to me. Found more defects after I got home.

Went to BCAA to get a quote for the Model 3....it seems like they are significantly cheaper than ICBC. I live and Vancouver and will use the vehicle mainly for pleasure. Will end up saving ~$800. Has anyone gone with BCAA and any issues to note?

I went with BCAA as well for my Model 3 insurance and I've also been using them for my other car (Nissan Leaf) for a couple years. No issues so far, they are generally great and the price is quite reasonable. I definitely recommend getting the replacement cost plus coverage option for your model 3. If your vehicle damage exceeds 50% in the first 3 years of ownership, they will replace with a new vehicle.