Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I mentioned in another thread there is no way they’re delivering 100 vehicles a day in Van. When I took delivery I was at Powell for over 2 hrs and only two vehicles were delivered including mine. In fact they only had our two vehicles on the lot.

The thing to keep in mind about many of the incentive programs is they are run or administered by the new car dealers association. They don’t like Tesla’s car buying model and are doing everything possible to restrict Tesla. Examples are blocking the referral program, limiting qualifying for rebates and preventing Tesla from opening their fancy deliverh center (which is apparently built locally in Van area but not allowed to operate yet - according to the Rep at Powell)

The wife and I are trying to figure out if there will be any hidden fees upon delivery (when it eventually comes). Our pricing details doesn't include any duty. Is there duty to be paid?

Actually after financing our Amount Due currently reads -$1,163.00.

The wife and I are trying to figure out if there will be any hidden fees upon delivery (when it eventually comes). Our pricing details doesn't include any duty. Is there duty to be paid?

Actually after financing our Amount Due currently reads -$1,163.00.
There’s no duty. Ignore the amount due. That will be updates when your DR contacts you for your appointment and financing or payment method is confirmed. Your MVPA will have everything listed and will be available online the day or two before delivery. You pay MSRP, delivery/freight (likely included with web price), a/c of $100, financing fee, taxes on all of the above - EV incentives if applicable. (In that order).

There’s no duty. Ignore the amount due. That will be updates when your DR contacts you for your appointment and financing or payment method is confirmed. Your MVPA will have everything listed and will be available online the day or two before delivery. You pay MSRP, delivery/freight (likely included with web price), a/c of $100, financing fee, taxes on all of the above - EV incentives if applicable. (In that order).

Thanks! This was just the info I needed :)

I’ve heard others having an issue with price in bc as well the model 3 sr+ where after the taxes and taking the rebate and deposit into account, the amount due was showing as $48,489 which is what mine was displaying for a while and then today, it is showing as $49,049, which is really to do with the way the air conditioning tax is being handled and pushing the purchase price above the threshold so a higher pst rate is used.

Although now my mvpa is available and that is showing $48,489.

Anyone else encounter this and what was the outcome? A little annoyed by this as it almost $600 more

Thanks

After a call into Tesla last Friday, my account was updated with a VIN, and the agent confirmed that my car was in Vancouver and everything looked set for May 25 delivery. Since I hadn't heard from anyone after that point and there's no MVPA showing on my account, I called in again today to see if anything was amiss; the agent said everything looked ok and to get a bank draft based on the numbers showing on my account, but to also bring a blank cheque just in case.

I have a funny feeling my delivery is going to be fun, in a poke-in-the-eye kind of way.

After a call into Tesla last Friday, my account was updated with a VIN, and the agent confirmed that my car was in Vancouver and everything looked set for May 25 delivery. Since I hadn't heard from anyone after that point and there's no MVPA showing on my account, I called in again today to see if anything was amiss; the agent said everything looked ok and to get a bank draft based on the numbers showing on my account, but to also bring a blank cheque just in case.

I have a funny feeling my delivery is going to be fun, in a poke-in-the-eye kind of way.

Oh FFS. I told them I wanted to get a bank draft for the majority then top up with a personal cheque to handle any small variance but they said they do not accept personal cheque’s or cash at delivery. Guess that is a lie?

Oh FFS. I told them I wanted to get a bank draft for the majority then top up with a personal cheque to handle any small variance but they said they do not accept personal cheque’s or cash at delivery. Guess that is a lie?
Quoted from the email from my delivery rep: “The balance can be made in the form of a personal check or bank draft addressed to Tesla Motors Canada ULC. Yes we do have insurance agents on site, all you’ll need to bring is your driver’s license.”

So the correct name on the bank draft or cheque is Tesla Motors Canada ULC.

I’ve heard others having an issue with price in bc as well the model 3 sr+ where after the taxes and taking the rebate and deposit into account, the amount due was showing as $48,489 which is what mine was displaying for a while and then today, it is showing as $49,049, which is really to do with the way the air conditioning tax is being handled and pushing the purchase price above the threshold so a higher pst rate is used.

Although now my mvpa is available and that is showing $48,489.

Anyone else encounter this and what was the outcome? A little annoyed by this as it almost $600 more

Thanks
The total purchase price will all fees for a SR+ in B.C. is $51,753.70 if it’s financed through Scotia. If not subtract $64.10 for cash price. That includes the debit for EV rebate of $10,000. Subtracted from that amount is your deposit of $3,200. So for the total amount due at time of delivery for cash purchase with deposit of $3,200 subtracted you would have a draft for $48,469.60.

Ordered black on black SR+ on May 5th. Got a VIN number on the 19th. Received a call from Tesla in the states today saying that delivery is on the 25th as per the Tesla website. The Rep said someone from Vancouver should contact me but if they don’t still show up to the delivery appointment. The follow up email from the rep said:

“Next steps are outlined on your Tesla.com account page at https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount where you can self-serve in preparation for your delivery. Please note a few key items:”

I log in but there is no self serve and under next steps it says

“We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.”

Do I just get a draft for the amount owing under scotia bank approved terms? I put down $3200 (deposit) and the amount owing is $906.60

This is so complicated....

The total purchase price will all fees for a SR+ in B.C. is $51,753.70 if it’s financed through Scotia. If not subtract $64.10 for cash price. That includes the debit for EV rebate of $10,000. Subtracted from that amount is your deposit of $3,200. So for the total amount due at time of delivery for cash purchase with deposit of $3,200 subtracted you would have a draft for $48,469.60.

That means the taxes on a Blk/blk SR+ is 12%, not 13%