Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friends, my experience has been a bit different so far and due to which I am getting little worried. I received no calls from any DA, my sales rep is not responding to texts/calls either. I received a text on Saturday that my car is ready and I should select a delivery date online. I logged in and selected 6th @ 5 PM. Since then there is no communication. VIN also shows up on my account which is in 398*** series whereas everyone also indicated they are getting VIN in 401 series. Questions arising in my mind:

1. Am I really getting the car on 6th?
2. My trade in is not yet finalized and that's what I need to discuss with my sales rep. How shall I proceed?
3. Since my VIN is a bit older, I may be getting an older one with possibly HW 2.5. Is there a way to check this? If it is HW 2.5, what should be my course of action?
4. Lets say I am not able to make it on 6th or I do not get a call from DA - should I still go? Also, since there is a VIN in my account, does it mean that I have received the BC rebates?

Please advise.

Friends, my experience has been a bit different so far and due to which I am getting little worried. I received no calls from any DA, my sales rep is not responding to texts/calls either. I received a text on Saturday that my car is ready and I should select a delivery date online. I logged in and selected 6th @ 5 PM. Since then there is no communication. VIN also shows up on my account which is in 398*** series whereas everyone also indicated they are getting VIN in 401 series. Questions arising in my mind:

2. My trade in is not yet finalized and that's what I need to discuss with my sales rep. How shall I proceed?
3. Since my VIN is a bit older, I may be getting an older one with possibly HW 2.5. Is there a way to check this? If it is HW 2.5, what should be my course of action?
4. Lets say I am not able to make it on 6th or I do not get a call from DA - should I still go? Also, since there is a VIN in my account, does it mean that I have received the BC rebates?

Please advise.

Would like to know too....

Last edited:
Re: 2 (trade-in). Had the very same issue. They're slow to push the paper (not surprising given the volumes), but I'm pretty sure it won't slow down delivery. If your sales guy isn't responding, I'd try the store. I dropped in myself, but a phone call might do the trick as well. They need to do something on their end to move past the trade-in pending screen.

Please advise.

Trade-in:

Call West 4th Ave Tesla (‭+1 (604) 255-4427‬) and select the Sales department. Enquire about your trade-in, which is what I and @9-Volt did to get things moving.

Delivery:

Call Tesla customer support (‭1 (888) 518-3752‬) and select Deivery (Canada). Vancouver delivery department doesn't really care to answer any calls. Your best bet is to call the main Tesla customer support.

Or go on to the Tesla support page and select the "Chat" icon to talk to a representative. Sometimes they're useful (when my OA didn't care to respond to any of my emails, I went on to chat and lashed out all of my irritation (nice way!). Instantly, I was put in contact with a new OA from Toronto who helped me with my lein from RBC).

Since my VIN is a bit older, I may be getting an older one with possibly HW 2.5. Is there a way to check this? If it is HW 2.5, what should be my course of action?
I wouldn't go by VIN necessarily. My Vin is in the 395 range and apparently I have HW 3 (that's what I've been told by more knowledgeable members going by the software version installed). Remember they are making 7000 Model 3s a day, so 395 and 398 and 401 might be all on the same day of production.

Please advise.

My delivery is also the 6th but nothing has been confirmed. I am hoping they call either today or tomorrow. My VIN is 399***. Confirmed it was built May 13th but not confirmed if it is HW2.5 or 3.

As others have said go to the online chat. My experience with them was great they answered my questions and then reached out internally to put me with a DA to take care of the rest.

Friends, my experience has been a bit different so far and due to which I am getting little worried. (...) VIN also shows up on my account which is in 398*** series whereas everyone also indicated they are getting VIN in 401 series. (...) .
My VIN is 267*** so far, but that's all I know. I too am worried since mine is much lower than others, but I don't know if that even means anything. I hadn't even heard about 4xx VINs until your post honestly, and there are people getting HW3.

The VIN numbers are so far off that I wonder if they are clustered together based on build specs.

Mine is 418 (Blk/Blk/Aero). Same for TomLee, who has the same build. My hunch is the 418 will all be the same builds (but totally making *sugar* up here).

ZeroE's is a different colour, and Camalaio's is a LR AWD and a different colour.

So I'm betting the VIN's are not sequential based on build date.

Tips

- Get a quote for 3rd party insurance before showing up, they have about 5 insurance agents, but that took the longest.
- Model 3 doesn't have a garage homelink, kinda lame, it's $300+ install from Tesla

Observations

- For some reason, I thought the car software had more to it. Too many damn youtube videos since my order. No LTE, no streaming radio, no summons, no Navigate on Autopilot.

Thanks for your tips, But regarding above few:
- I heard people had their insurance done before hands once they have a confirmed VIN.
- I watched a youtube that paring a 3 with the garage door. Isn't that standard? It's in the user manual page 122.

- I though they limited the LTE for map only, not without totally.
- What's Navigate on Autopilot?
- Is it possible to purchase some of the features (software upgrade) that we were missing?

I didn’t think navigate on autopilot is available outside the US. It will drive the vehicle autonomously from onramp to offramp on a highway.

On the LR and performance models LTE is used for music streaming and web browser on the touchscreen.

I’ve heard homelink for garage door control was removed from all models and you have to spend $300 or something to have the module added.

from what i read earlier, there were some people who had an appointment on the Tesla website and never received confirmation. They just showed up at the Powell Street location and were put in line to receive their car. Not sure if true or if its reliable.

I’m at the 4th ave store now for pickup. First you check in with the people at computers at the front door and they tell you to wait for a “signer”
That was my cue to ignore instructions (if you have questions on how to do this, it may not be in your nature, so just follow the instructions) promptly walk to the elevator and press p1. Downstairs I told the cleaning crew hanging out by the cars that I wanted to look at my car before signing, they got my name and told me which bay to go to. Car was unlocked so I could do inspection without hassle. Lighting was poor to non existent. I’m going to ask them to move it to bays 1-3 where lighting is very good. Waiting on that now.

I’m at the 4th ave store now for pickup. First you check in with the people at computers at the front door and they tell you to wait for a “signer”
That was my cue to ignore instructions (if you have questions on how to do this, it may not be in your nature, so just follow the instructions) promptly walk to the elevator and press p1. Downstairs I told the cleaning crew hanging out by the cars that I wanted to look at my car before signing, they got my name and told me which bay to go to. Car was unlocked so I could do inspection without hassle. Lighting was poor to non existent. I’m going to ask them to move it to bays 1-3 where lighting is very good. Waiting on that now.

You made me thinking of bringing a flashlight to there! ;) Anyway, good luck and give us more tips!

Re: 2 (trade-in). Had the very same issue. They're slow to push the paper (not surprising given the volumes), but I'm pretty sure it won't slow down delivery. If your sales guy isn't responding, I'd try the store. I dropped in myself, but a phone call might do the trick as well. They need to do something on their end to move past the trade-in pending screen.
Thanks for your response. I called the store and that helped.

Trade-in:

Call West 4th Ave Tesla (‭+1 (604) 255-4427‬) and select the Sales department. Enquire about your trade-in, which is what I and @9-Volt did to get things moving.

Delivery:

Call Tesla customer support (‭1 (888) 518-3752‬) and select Deivery (Canada). Vancouver delivery department doesn't really care to answer any calls. Your best bet is to call the main Tesla customer support.

Or go on to the Tesla support page and select the "Chat" icon to talk to a representative. Sometimes they're useful (when my OA didn't care to respond to any of my emails, I went on to chat and lashed out all of my irritation (nice way!). Instantly, I was put in contact with a new OA from Toronto who helped me with my lein from RBC).
I called the Tesla helpline number and this issue got resolved. Thanks a lot for your time and ideas.