Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCFRONT_a447 in a 23 MYLR need to go on a quick trip 200+ miles, okay to drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So recently got the VCFRONT_a447 in a 23 MYLR... need to go on a quick road trip 200+ miles for 2 days and wondering if okay to drive. Not worried about the cold - heated seats still work. I do have an appt but it's in a week or so unfortunately.

For me it would really depend whether you have working heat or not and forecast temperatures when you're driving. Windshields tend to fog terribly under 40°F with no heat and you'll end up driving with a window open.

You're a danger to yourself and others if the windshield fogs inside, IMO.

• Helpful
Reactions: erktrek
Was this alert in Service Mode or on the regular UI? Since you have a service appointment, why not message service and ask them?
Regular UI.. I did contact them and they gave me the classic "we cannot determine remotely, use your discretion, road side assistance available".. however during the appt confirmation they mentioned they had ordered parts so just asked if they were replacing the heat pump or supermanifold or something else. They have not yet responded.

You should be fine, the car won't allow you to hurt anything. Supercharging will likely not be very quick if the battery reaches hot temps. But that's unlikely, because it probably won't precondition in the first place, so it'll just be a cold, slow charging session.
This is a great example of why I like this site. I've had my MYLR for a year and am still learning new things quite often from posts here.

@tireguy, thanks for taking the time to explain this and educating us.

This is a great example of why I like this site. I've had my MYLR for a year and am still learning new things quite often from posts here.

@tireguy, thanks for taking the time to explain this and educating us.

Yes, definitely thanks to @fiehlsport and everyone for responding!!!... as a followup - completed the trip - about 200 miles total, no supercharging needed. Service said the parts are in and they rescheduled me for tomorrow... my experience with them has been terrific with the few things that have come up. Also helps that I'm like 10 mins away.