Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle may not restart

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1C0B7B96-16A3-4C45-BD4A-11AC66F5F538.jpeg
First off all, I had this issue more than twice.
First when it happened I took to Tesla showroom and they fixed it.
2nd time when it happened Tesla said it was a faulty 12v battery and they replaced it under warranty.
Today is the 3rd time it is happening.

what I’ve understood from my findings is that, anytime when there is a rain or downpour and when I drive & park, system starts throwing error msg that
1. Vehicle may mot restart
2. Electrical system power reduced

I’ve notice this quite a few times when I drive to work on rain and I see the above error msg, but once I reach office and park in the garage away and when it’s time to leave in the evening car starts without an issue.

is this only happening to mine or is this quite common?

Best product worst service company ever.
They finally diagnosed the issue and Tesla told me that rodents ate up my high voltage wires and that was the reason this is happening. I've 2 motorcycles in my garage and nothing happened to them.
This is not the first time that my car was towed and Tesla replaced the 12V battery, they didn't diagnose the issue to begin with properly and they just passed the buck to the customer and now I'm going thru my insurance filing a claim and paying 500$ deductible from my pocket and other 566 is cover by my insurance.

Best product worst service company ever.
They finally diagnosed the issue and Tesla told me that rodents ate up my high voltage wires and that was the reason this is happening. I've 2 motorcycles in my garage and nothing happened to them.
This is not the first time that my car was towed and Tesla replaced the 12V battery, they didn't diagnose the issue to begin with properly and they just passed the buck to the customer and now I'm going thru my insurance filing a claim and paying 500$ deductible from my pocket and other 566 is cover by my insurance.

This is fairly common with newer wiring harnesses apparently. Some newer eco-friendly material or something that rodents also happen to like.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Time to call the rodent guys. You definitely don't want those things in your garage. We had rodents in attic and they had to replace most of the insulation. $4K bill. Now every year or two I have them check the vent screens around the house and put out a trap or two for a few days. The rodents are looking for someone warm to make their nests. I bet a nice heated battery is pretty attractive on a winter's evening.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia