Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reclame door Michelin maar impliciet ook voor Tesla.

michelin ev.png

:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Maurice1
Sorry for the idiot questions, but this is my first car in NL :)

My Model3 is running low on rubber on the back side, I was considering to end the summer season and then switch to all weather tires, since snow here in NL is quite uncommon and changing tires every 6 months get's a bit expensive and they occupy lot of storage space that I don't have.
does anyone have all weather tires mounted on it's tesla and can provide some info about consumption, life and noise?
Any suggestion on which brand and model shall I look? 18" Aero
Where do you go to change your tires? Is tesla service center too expensive?

Thanks!

I have 4 extra wheels and mount them myself.
It is not expensive to have season shoes. they wear less. If you wear 8 all weather wheels at 100000km or 4 winter and 4 summer wheels. Price is the same. Only the replacement cost is left. As I do it myself, I could spent it at 4 extra wheels.

I'm not a big fan of doing that by myself, as I don't have space nor the tools to do it.
changing them seems to be about 200€ a year (108 at the over reported Kwikfit), so I would prefer finishing one entire set and save 100bucks/year for the next set, if there are good options with decent noise levels and power consumption. Let's see if there are

I'm not a big fan of doing that by myself, as I don't have space nor the tools to do it.
changing them seems to be about 200€ a year (108 at the over reported Kwikfit), so I would prefer finishing one entire set and save 100bucks/year for the next set, if there are good options with decent noise levels and power consumption. Let's see if there are
Advantage is also that you have 4 spare wheels at home and the tools to help you out if you have a flat tire. Needed them already twice when my wife was stick wit a completely demolished tyre. No need to call road assistance.

I recently switched to 20" Michelin CrossClimate SUV all weather tyres for my Model X.

Reason being that it bothers me to spend 1 to 1,5 hours, twice a year, waiting at the Tyre center, hoping that the dude that handles my car understands Tesla. Last year I was watching the guy in the parking lot, who did not even know how to open the car. This makes me worry: "Is he aware that he should not lift the car on its battery pack?!".

I once entered the work area to ask a question and then I noticed these guys are actually temporarily hired from Bulgaria and Romania, because, during the busy seasonal-tyre-change-weeks not enough staff is available in The Netherlands.

On another occasion, the guys went on a test drive, because they did not get the TPMS sensors reconnected to the car. During their test drive, or should I say joy ride, I checked my Tesla app and saw them driving my car 113 km/h where 50 km/h is allowed.

Obviously I never returned to this Euromaster shop, and I always activate Valet mode since then.

Nevertheless, I am fed up with these things, so I switched to the Michelin All Season tyres to avoid the seasonal change and had my car re-aligned by Tesla. I hope the CrossClimate tyres last long.

So far, the tyres seem to consume a little more than my previous Michelin tyres, but this could be because they're brand new.

• Informative
Reactions: djlorenz
Reason being that it bothers me to spend 1 to 1,5 hours, twice a year, waiting at the Tyre center, hoping that the dude that handles my car understands Tesla. Last year I was watching the guy in the parking lot, who did not even know how to open the car. This makes me worry: "Is he aware that he should not lift the car on its battery pack?!".
Maybe scout out to a tyre place that's better informed? The type place I visit was recommended by someone at the local SeC and knows Tesla's.

All weather tyres are generally bad in the summer and in the winter. Are there any allseasons that are Tesla certified?

I recently switched to 20" Michelin CrossClimate SUV all weather tyres for my Model X.

I once entered the work area to ask a question and then I noticed these guys are actually temporarily hired from Bulgaria and Romania, because, during the busy seasonal-tyre-change-weeks not enough staff is available in The Netherlands.

On another occasion, the guys went on a test drive, because they did not get the TPMS sensors reconnected to the car. During their test drive, or should I say joy ride, I checked my Tesla app and saw them driving my car 113 km/h where 50 km/h is allowed.

Obviously I never returned to this Euromaster shop, and I always activate Valet mode since then.

Nevertheless, I am fed up with these things, so I switched to the Michelin All Season tyres to avoid the seasonal change and had my car re-aligned by Tesla. I hope the CrossClimate tyres last long.

So far, the tyres seem to consume a little more than my previous Michelin tyres, but this could be because they're brand new.
They all know Tesla by now I think. When I arrive, they ask for the pincode, they say “jack mode, careful for the battery, 175Nm tight and 3.1 bar” and then drive to the jackstand that allows more then 2000kg. It was different 4 years ago.

They all know Tesla by now I think. When I arrive, they ask for the pincode, they say “jack mode, careful for the battery, 175Nm tight and 3.1 bar” and then drive to the jackstand that allows more then 2000kg. It was different 4 years ago.
It has improved, but it all comes down to the individual handling your car. And not all of those individuals have extended Tesla experience.
Some that do, seem to not be able to keep their knowledge up-to-date.
Last year they apparently kept looking for the TPMS reset button in the menu, which no longer exists, making my wait time even longer.

• Informative
Reactions: Phil V
That is worrying... did anyone changed tires at the Tesla service center and know if it's way more expensive? But I guess they don't offer any other tire outside of the standard ones...
Tesla rated tires are as expensive at a Tesla Service Center as at a tire shop. But Tesla won't install non-Tesla-rated tires, obviously.

Reactions: djlorenz
De banden van mijn Model 3 zijn aan vervanging toe, het liefst zou ik ze vervangen door dezelfde die er nu onder zitten (Michelin Pilotsport 4S) maar die lijken in de specifieke variant voor Tesla bijzonder moeilijk te krijgen zijn.

Heeft iemand toevallig een goed adres waar je deze voor een beetje fatsoenlijke prijs nog kan krijgen en/of tips voor een goede alternatieve band?

Hee alweer een bandendraadje.... Misschien eerst zoeken op de bestaande draadjes?

Ik ken de maten niet van je banden, maar misschien hier: https://www.bandenconcurrent.nl/bandenmerken/michelin/michelin-pilot-sport-4-s/

of anders:

Reactions: CJA Hulskamp