Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting - Model 3 should come with the lift pucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went to get my tires rotated. I thought most shops had padded lifts and could do Teslas. This place (NTB) didn't; said I need the hockey pucks. I don't have them, so now have to order them, wait for them, and waste time going back in for a tire rotation.

Why does a $60k car that differs from all other cars in that it needs these pucks just in order to lift it without damage not come with them included. They cost $20 on Amazon for the set of four. Tesla would do well to just include them and spare their owners this pointless headache.

Tesla clearly doesn't want owners coming to Tesla Service for tire rotation, since they charge a ridiculous fee. These cars are supposed to be low cost and hassle free to maintain. So make it that way.

Uggh.

Tesla doesn’t supply pucks because they’re not needed. The service centers have padded lifts and mobile techs use a Jack without a puck. Some porsches also need adapters to lift safely. Tesla and porsches intentions are that the customer never work on the car and to let the service center do everything. I personally bought a puck and I use it because even a scratch on a part of the car I can’t see would bug me.

Tesla doesn’t supply pucks because they’re not needed.

Tesla and porsches intentions are that the customer never work on the car and to let the service center do everything. I personally bought a puck and I use it because even a scratch on a part of the car I can’t see would bug me.

I don't think the second statement is correct, or realistic. Tesla's intention is that owners pay Tesla $200 for tire rotation? I don't think they do. I know that's what they charge, but that's insane and basically intended to send customers elsewhere for such a simple task.

And therefore I don't think the first statement is correct.

I meant to include tire shops too I was just saying they don’t want anyone doing it themselves. Plus since mobile techs in my area don’t use them and they’re told that they’re not needed I doubt Tesla’s intention is for tire shops to to use them either.

Just went to get my tires rotated. I thought most shops had padded lifts and could do Teslas. This place (NTB) didn't; said I need the hockey pucks. I don't have them, so now have to order them, wait for them, and waste time going back in for a tire rotation.

Why does a $60k car that differs from all other cars in that it needs these pucks just in order to lift it without damage not come with them included. They cost $20 on Amazon for the set of four. Tesla would do well to just include them and spare their owners this pointless headache.

Tesla clearly doesn't want owners coming to Tesla Service for tire rotation, since they charge a ridiculous fee. These cars are supposed to be low cost and hassle free to maintain. So make it that way.

Uggh.

Hey, at least that shop is knowledgeable about Teslas and didn't just put your car on the lift anyway and risk damaging/scratching it. (Google around for many examples of bad incidents.)

I'd actually be happy to know that I found a shop that knows about the pucks and knows how to use them.

I don't think the second statement is correct, or realistic. Tesla's intention is that owners pay Tesla $200 for tire rotation? I don't think they do. I know that's what they charge, but that's insane and basically intended to send customers elsewhere for such a simple task.

That is a good reason to have the tools to do this job yourself.

Bonus - no appointment necessary. ;):)

Uggh.

Don't pay someone $20. They are literally reselling hockey pucks to people.

Just go to a sporting goods store and buy hockey pucks.

I paid Tesla $31.00 for tire rotation

Doesn't everyone growup playing ice hockey? Have 4 spare pucks laying around, or $10 for 4 at Dicks. Drill a ¾" hole half way thru each puck, glue a piece of leftover ¾" PEX in. Trim to fit. Wrap hockey tape around the PEX, to get the final fit, just right, so that the pucks hang. When you take it to a tire shop, you just put the pucks in. They'll figure it out from there.
IMG_1157.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66