Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting-post sale customer service... sigh... (i

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I'm going not get a lot of empathy for this and will likely get flamed.
Not from me, you won't. :)

I'm a genuine, died-in-the-wool Elon/Tesla fanboi. But when fanbois put on blinders to the point that they even refuse to acknowledge real shortcomings in our beloved company, they do a big disservice to everyone.

The only way to make Tesla an even greater company is to call them out on areas that need to be improved upon, and we should *never* flame those who are simply bringing an issue to light that needs to be worked on.

And FWIW, I completely agree with you, OP. Tesla has a HUGE customer service problem that needs to be fixed. Last year, Elon acknowledged in a Tweet that they had customer service issues, and said that he would "devote significant resources" to improving the customer service experience. For a while, it appeared that Elon was serious about it; there were a lot more positive posts about Tesla's customer service on the various internet sites... for a while.

But once again, Tesla's customer service has not kept up with their staggering growth rate.

Elon needs to devote a bit more of his time toward taking care of his customers than designing, daydreaming, or working on the next great thing.

I appreciate you putting on your flame suit and sharing your experience with us.

Not from me, you won't. :)

I'm a genuine, died-in-the-wool Elon/Tesla fanboi. But when fanbois put on blinders to the point that they even refuse to acknowledge real shortcomings in our beloved company, they do a big disservice to everyone.

The only way to make Tesla an even greater company is to call them out on areas that need to be improved upon, and we should *never* flame those who are simply bringing an issue to light that needs to be worked on.

And FWIW, I completely agree with you, OP. Tesla has a HUGE customer service problem that needs to be fixed. Last year, Elon acknowledged in a Tweet that they had customer service issues, and said that he would "devote significant resources" to improving the customer service experience. For a while, it appeared that Elon was serious about it; there were a lot more positive posts about Tesla's customer service on the various internet sites... for a while.

But once again, Tesla's customer service has not kept up with their staggering growth rate.

Elon needs to devote a bit more of his time toward taking care of his customers than designing, daydreaming, or working on the next great thing.

I appreciate you putting on your flame suit and sharing your experience with us.
Thanks for the feedback. They really need to pay attention to the post sale experience because eventually 3yr, 5 yrs, 7 yrs, we will need to replace our cars. And that $50k or $70k is going to a company that has a good reputation and doesn't leave a sore taste in your mouth.

Anyway, I just hope they improve and scale up. That or outsource the service to another company. Maybe they should not do everything under the moon for their cars... Similar to how apple has learned that they need to have apple certified repairs in Best Buy and other mom & pop shops to alleviate the pressure from apple stores.

cars... Similar to how apple has learned that they need to have apple certified repairs in Best Buy and other mom & pop shops to alleviate the pressure from apple stores.
That is a great idea. They just can’t build service centers and hire/train people as fast as required.

I really like the idea of Tesla Certified mechanics. We have used the same family operated car repair shop for 20 years. He and his sons are the only guys I have trusted to work on my cars as far back as I can remember. And the nearest Tesla SC is 150 miles away.

I hope Tesla approved third party repair facilities becomes a reality. Soon.

Reactions: Rottenapplr
Iol :p well that customer is gonna complain his loaner car’s, a beautiful red model 3, has a steering wheel clicks when it turns, the steering adjustment doesn’t work therefore the driver can barely fit, and tesla has subpar broken loaner cars unlike BMW and Mercedes.

Oh my, you should have seen the POS Model S that the Tesla SC gave me as a loaner. I had to clean the seats just to be able to sit in it, and take it through the carwash just to see out of the windows, and nevermind everything that was broken and that it drove like a car that had previously been driven off off a cliff. Your car would have been like new compared to their loaner fleet.

• Funny
Reactions: Rottenapplr
That sucks, if this is any help I did read Tesla is opening up more service centres..
hopefully I get another one near me
Hopefully the turn it around. They need to do something. Thankfully my car came out fine after 8 days sitting on the lot collecting dust. The gap between the undercover protecting the battery area was fixed as well as the steering wheel clicking and adjustment motor. It was just a huge inconvenience; other manufactures in Tesla's price range have figured out loaners car.