Was looking for any new fixes for the half shaft shudder and ended up on this thread. 2016 Model X90D with 95k miles. We've gone thru three sets and are on the 4th. Obviously out of warranty, but they did replace the current set on the house, I think that was around 70k miles. As others have stated it is reduced greatly running in Very Low. Kinda hoping for an aftermarket part, like this one for the rear camber /early tire wear problem.
Hope all is well. We have been awaiting the arrival of our Model X for about the last 3 months since we ordered it. We purchased this car for my father who has been an avid Lexus fan for the last two decades given the quality and reliability of their cars. I am starting to regret not purchasing him another Lexus. The craftsmanship and quality control of our Model X, particularly given the price, is actually appalling. We had the following issues and basically two days into ownership we brought the car back. We went online and even manually "reset" the car to no avail.
1. Steering wheel off axis by about 10*.
2. Horn essentially inoperable (unless you hit very specific parts of the horn with all of your might). This almost led to an accident as someone veered into our lane on the way to service.
3. Missing and pulled stitches in the center arm rest.
4. Internet NOT working. Oddly the internet browser was NOT working at all unless we reset the car (holding top buttons on the steering) and only then it would work transiently for a while.
5. Iphone app intermittently showing that it could not connect to the car and that we have no Tesla products registered
6. Difficulty with the automatic open and close for garage that worked about 5/10 times.
7. Rain sensing wipers don't actually sense rain and need to be manually turned on for the system to realize there is rain ie not functioning normally.
8. This was VERY bothersome. The falcon door closes and rests on our second row seat in the area of the shoulder rest so now the leather is creased and has a very nice carbon fiber imprint on it--ONLY on the passenger side so it appears to be missaligned. My concern is that the door is going to start ripping apart the leather.
9. This vanity one is just annoying, but we can't do the Christmas easter egg feature without it failing about 10 seconds in.
I brought the above to our local Tesla service center and they quickly helped fix some of the issues but returned the car with:
1. Horn needs new airbag spring (works better, but NOT like the Model S I had as a loaner)
2. Internet app still NOT working--was told it was a known problem and it may take a few weeks to fix because needs some sort of firmware.
3. Now our bluetooth has stopped operating completely. The only way it works if car is restarted and re-synced with phone and then once its parked it totally forgets.
4. Back seat is still creased and now the door closes on the side of it, but to a lesser degree.
5. I was told that the rain sensor will only pick up on moving water over the sensor so if the windshield is wet and there is no rain on the sensor it will not work (?). Never had issues with this seemingly simple feature on any car.
The sad this is that the car was purchased for my father and we were happy to have delivery at the time of Father's Day. To make the above even worse, we brought our new car to a family brunch and our friends and family were excited to see the car. Before we even started up the car, we had a few people remarking about the poor quality control issues Tesla faces so we were eager to prove them wrong. Unfortunately, they were absolutely right and everything from the internet to the easter egg not working only proved them right.
Given the aforementioned problems, I am really confused on how to proceed. We've owned many cars ranging from antiques to exotics and we've not had any quality problems like the above. I am confident there will be more problems as we've really spent so little time with the car that other problems will also likely surface. Appreciate any advice...our whole family is bummed out with this experience...
It is disappointing that in July 2019 I am facing similar issues. Day 1 of my Model X the drivers side door will not open, no matter what I do. I have reset all door settings and rebooted twice. Other small annoying issues that I would not have expected after 10 years of making cars.