Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration through brake pedal.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, experienced something strange yesterday, when I was stationary and had my foot depressed on the brake pedal, I felt a vibration and what sounded like a fan noise coming out of the front of the car. It wasn't an ABS pumping sensation, but a very subtle vibration like a small motor would make, at a high frequency. After probably less than a minute of this vibration, it disappeared and did not come back. It seems to only occur when stationary and when the brake is fully depressed. Any ideas what it is? Anyone experienced this?

(2017 AP2 S60D)

I have had this since day 2, and now it is getting very bad and I feel it through the steering wheel. It is aircon related and fan speed varies the intensity and frequency. There is also a horrible noise. I hope to have it fixed this month, I don,t want the car back until fixed it is that bad.

I have had this since day 2, and now it is getting very bad and I feel it through the steering wheel. It is aircon related and fan speed varies the intensity and frequency. There is also a horrible noise. I hope to have it fixed this month, I don,t want the car back until fixed it is that bad.
Ah that explains it. Luckily mine is neither persistent or a regular occurrence, it occurred when I was driving out of the airshow carpark (it took 2.5 hrs in 30 C heat to drive the 1km out of the car park, AC was on full blast until predicted range matched the distance to the Richmond supercharger, then it was windows down).

I have several vibrations in my 2016 S, including one that can be felt in the floor board while stationary. If I turn the AC off, it goes away.

I haven't had the SC look at this yet because I'm still trying to get them to finish the original laundry list of quality problems.

I picked up my new 2017 Model X last Friday and noticed this as well. Like Burnt Toast, it isn't constant but seems only when the A/C is working overtime when the car is first started. It was over 100F in Dallas last Friday. The vibration went away immediately after the A/C was turned off and also went away when the A/C wasn't working as hard.

What are the details of the fix?

I also have felt this. I thought it was ABS but it happens randomly and at very low speeds too (no way ABS engaged). I also get it when I don't slam on the brakes but rather have lightly depressed them. I have been using the AC, so I will speak with my Service Center.