Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of 2020 Model S with 2020.12.6 and FSD Stopping at Traffic Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was looking for a forum on behavior under 2020.16 (Model Y) and 2020.12.11.1 (Model 3). Not sure if this is the right one, but feel free to point me in the right direction if you think there’s a better one.

I like the stop light and stop sign function, but do not like that it will only allow cruise control to be set at the exact applicable speed limit, not 5 mph faster as you can without this mode engaged. I understand it’s in testing mode, but the lower speed limit cap is just too slow, so I’ve turned the feature off for now.

Maybe it’s a Rhode Island thing, but our local speed limits seem intentionally set to be 10 mph less than the police actually want you to go, so committing to no faster than the posted limit is a drag. Hopefully this will go away as the software gets more experience.

Yeah @Beavertail S, the auto stop feature for traffic lights and stop signs needs some work. I've had several instances where the car slows down and attempts to stop (the annoyance of the driver behind me) at a green light. It feels more like a beta than other functions released as a beta, but it is brand new so I don't fault Tesla at such an early phase. I understand the feature is constantly learning using data from Tesla drivers, so I'm doing my best to train it not to slow down/stop at green lights with a stalk click.

The software should provide more warning time before the vehicle begins slowing down, providing enough time for the driver to override stopping or slowing down by tapping the accelerator or using the AP control stalk.