Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of great San Antonio XPEL wrap, Spectra Photosync and CQuartz experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my car detailed locally and had the full Xpel wrap, Spectra Photosync and CQuartz installed. Just found out that the installer made a video of it. I am really pleased with the result. Can't tell you how glad I am to have the Xpel wrap here in San Antonio with all the rock quarries in the area. I wanted to share as I thought it was interesting and Jay did a great job:

Tesla Model S - YouTube

Reactions: Don TLR
Re: XPEL

Talk about timely. Just as I was talking about the quarries and all the rocks on San Antonio's roads, my hood appears to have taken two hits from rocks that pierced the film, and definitely would have done some serious gouging to paint. It did it's job. Thanks for a great product!

I had my car detailed locally and had the full Xpel wrap, Spectra Photosync and CQuartz installed. Just found out that the installer made a video of it. I am really pleased with the result. Can't tell you how glad I am to have the Xpel wrap here in San Antonio with all the rock quarries in the area. I wanted to share as I thought it was interesting and Jay did a great job:

Tesla Model S - YouTube

What did the whole works end up costing you? Definitely going to tint, but considering the other options as well.

What did the whole works end up costing you? Definitely going to tint, but considering the other options as well.

Prices will vary, depending on the installer and area. I dont know how much the above installer charged, but generally speaking below:

There are plenty of installers in San Antonio to take care of your needs: XPEL SAN ANTONIO

For a partial front end. This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $795 - $1,000.
Option1_BikinHoodFendersMirrorsBumper.jpg

For a full front it can range between from $1,795 - $2,100. This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights.
Option2_FullHoodFendersMirrorsBumper.jpg

For the full car it can range between from $5,000 - $8,000. This includes every painted surface on the car possible.

3Option3_CompleteCar.jpg

Looking good

I saw the video of your car and have since contacted Jay for an estimate for the wrap and tint. I hate all of the rock dropping trucks here in SA but it's not as bad as the Phoenix area. I actually had to get a windshield replaced because it was sand blasted. It was hard to see until you drove into the sun but definitely a safety issue. Any idea about the legality of those stickers on the backs of the trucks saying they're not responsible for rock damage? I would think that a dash cam video showing the rocks coming from the truck hitting the car would close the case.

I saw the video of your car and have since contacted Jay for an estimate for the wrap and tint. I hate all of the rock dropping trucks here in SA but it's not as bad as the Phoenix area. I actually had to get a windshield replaced because it was sand blasted. It was hard to see until you drove into the sun but definitely a safety issue. Any idea about the legality of those stickers on the backs of the trucks saying they're not responsible for rock damage? I would think that a dash cam video showing the rocks coming from the truck hitting the car would close the case.
Thanks for the inquiry Ron. If you need any additional info on any one of our Paint Protection Films, feel free to visit our website Jay Clear Bra
As always my phone is always on for my clients 24/7. We have everything in house to cut and custom fit any paint protection film application to your desired needs.

Looking good

As far as I understand it the owner of the vehicle is responsible for securing anything they are transporting and anything that falls off the truck would be their responsibility. The signs are just there to try to trick people from going after them for damages as you can't just put up a sign saying you are above the law.