Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Threads like this scare the sh%# out of me. This is the first time I've ever dropped 100k on a car and I've already broken my cardinal rule of never buying a first year production car (For these teething reasons). I was counting on Tesla being different, as in, delaying delivery rather than pushing a flawed product onto an unsuspecting customer. Even though I'm within 40 mi. of two SCs, I'd really prefer to wait then frequenting them. No one else has these trepidations?
Yikes!

I had those early build trepidations just like you after what happened with the S, but went ahead and reserved on day 1 anyway because I live just 5 miles from Tesla Factory. So far, there is nothing functional in my 1/2016 build delivered on 3/22 beyond 3rd row latch that will require a visit to the SC. Seriously, thou, I'm sure Tesla will fix all the X's that have issues, hopefully to their owner's satisfaction.

Someday, a loaner Model 3 will drive itself from your nearest Service Center to your home or office. When it arrives, you'll use your Tesla app to send your Model 3 on its merry autonomous way to the SC to get fixed or serviced! My guess is this will happen starting in 2022.

I had those early build trepidations just like you after what happened with the S, but went ahead and reserved on day 1 anyway because I live just 5 miles from Tesla Factory. So far, there is nothing functional in my 1/2016 build delivered on 3/22 beyond 3rd row latch that will require a visit to the SC. Seriously, thou, I'm sure Tesla will fix all the X's that have issues, hopefully to their owner's satisfaction..

I hope you meant "dysfunctional?" Otherwise you would have a horror story of a Model X...

• Funny
Reactions: WABarb
I hope you meant "dysfunctional?" Otherwise you would have a horror story of a Model X...

Yes, I meant "dysfunctional" LOL. Was typing too fast way too late last night! Thanks for calling me out on it. However, if you remove the date phrases in the middle what I originally meant is revealed:

"So far, there is nothing functional beyond 3rd row latch that will require a visit to the SC."

Reactions: Roentgen
@bignikku I've been keeping track of others (on this forum and TM) who were also in the 22xx range and got delayed. Looks like we're the only two remaining out of 8 delayed deliveries.

asicguy - 22xx - rcvd 4/16
Ferret - 22xx - rcvd 4/19
DarthB - 22xx - rcvd 4/23
Sputnik - 22xx - rcvd 4/25
bignikku - 22xx - 'early May'
NoVIN4Me - 22xx - rcvd 4/23
cbentinck - 22xx - rcvd
rockyouforever - 22xx - rcvd 3/31
umeshunni - 22xx - 'not this week'

Yeah man, we have such a low VIN compared to some other deliveries that it is frustrating at times as to why it so.

Anyway, I got a call from my DS today that my X is not coming this month. He said early May, within two weeks. It's finishing up quality inspections soon. Let's see if that holds true. I can't imagine what the hold up is unless they found something horribly wrong with production that needs correction but I'm hoping that is not the case.

@bignikku I've been keeping track of others (on this forum and TM) who were also in the 22xx range and got delayed. Looks like we're the only two remaining out of 8 delayed deliveries.

asicguy - 22xx - rcvd 4/16
Ferret - 22xx - rcvd 4/19
DarthB - 22xx - rcvd 4/23
Sputnik - 22xx - rcvd 4/25
bignikku - 22xx - 'early May'
NoVIN4Me - 22xx - rcvd 4/23
cbentinck - 22xx - rcvd
rockyouforever - 22xx - rcvd 3/31
umeshunni - 22xx - 'not this week'

Might be because you both have textile seats.

• Helpful
Reactions: umeshunni