Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN assigned! Couple of questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

My Model S just got a VIN assigned on Saturday, P78259. I realize this question might be for my DS but Im sure you all can answer it better, what should I expect next? Any possibility that my late April delivery can be moved up closer or worst pushed back further? I'm sure there is that possibility for either but since it's two months away for late April and already got a VIN is that a good sign?

Anyone have a control like in the movie Click with Adam Sandler to fast forward two months? Haha.

I'm getting ready to outfit my house with the 240v outlet, any specific information I need or should ask for?

Thanks!

There are several threads here with delivery tracking. One of them (and possibly others) includes a spreadsheet that shows the days between various milestones in the process. You might to check that out to see what others have experienced.

The delivery estimate is definitely just an estimate. My S85 originally said March, briefly said Late March, then back to March which is what it still says now, but it went into production a week and a half ago and is being delivered tomorrow. I'm sure it can go the other way too in the right circumstances. Either way, don't plan too precisely.

For what it's worth, I got my VIN in late January. I have no idea if the interval from VIN to production is anything you can count on.

For the 240V outlet, it should be easy and straightforward. The Tesla doesn't need anything special there, just a plain old NEMA 14-50 on a 50A circuit. Any qualified electrician should be able to get it done for you. Watch out when you ask for estimates; I asked one place for a quote for a Tesla, and they wanted twice as much money as another place when I just asked them for a NEMA 14-50 without saying why. Might just be coincidence, and I'm sure they're not all that way, but I think there might be some opportunistic price hikes out there.

The wait does suck. Reloading My Tesla seventeen times a day seems to ease the pain a bit.

n33d45p33d, Keep an eye on your dashboard. It will update with the progress of your vehicle--any changes in delivery date period will also appear here. Your DS will reach out to you closer to when your vehicle is finishing production to give you a firmer delivery date.

As for your 240v outlet, a licensed electrician should know what to do. If you're using the mobile connector that is included with the vehicle, Tesla guidelines for the installer can be found here:

http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/downloads/US/universalmobileconnector_nema_14-50.pdf

If you're using the optional beefy wall connector, Tesla guidelines for the installer can be found here:

http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/downloads/charging_wall_connector.pdf

Aloha,

WeazL