Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called them today and offered to fly up to the bay area if it will make it quicker but it was just a message no answer. I would bet money another day goes by without any update or answers. I leave to go out of town for a while next monday really need to get this handled this week. Cant believe I am back monitoring the VIN assignment threads, was so happy to be done with them.

If you end up picking up in the bay this week PM me so perhaps we can meet up and grab a beer.

I noticed my ISA has been much harder to reach ever since the VIN was removed. Have you experienced the same thing?

will do!! would be cool to meet up and commiserate haha. My ISA has been UNREACHABLE!! So irritating, left multiple messages over multiple days, just tried calling him again, left another VM. I know they can't make a new VIN appear magically but some transparency on the situation is the least they could offer.

Reactions: Asad1087
I'd double check they accept personal checks. My ISA spoke up pretty fast when I mentioned I was going to bring "a check" to request that it be a cashier's check instead. Didn't necessarily say they don't accept personal checks, but they might want it to clear before you drive the car away, which would of course not work.

Not taking any chances this time. Will bring a personal check to delivery in case they screw up again. I'm scheduled for 4/9 at 5pm for delivery at Fremont factory.

I'd double check they accept personal checks. My ISA spoke up pretty fast when I mentioned I was going to bring "a check" to request that it be a cashier's check instead. Didn't necessarily say they don't accept personal checks, but they might want it to clear before you drive the car away, which would of course not work.

Thanks, yea left my ISA a VM but I called the Fremont delivery center and they confirmed they accept personal checks.

VICTORY!!! Got a new VIN, Randomly checked my account and poof! I nagged and nagged until I got a supervisor this morning, he promised me he will do everything he can to get a VIN for me and it seems like he did!!! Very happy that they took my concerns seriously and had people on it and willing to help me out. Well done Tesla, will be a very proud owner someday soon.

VICTORY!!! Got a new VIN, Randomly checked my account and poof! I nagged and nagged until I got a supervisor this morning, he promised me he will do everything he can to get a VIN for me and it seems like he did!!! Very happy that they took my concerns seriously and had people on it and willing to help me out. Well done Tesla, will be a very proud owner someday soon.

Congrats! When's delivery?

We paid for our S with a personal check. I don't think it would be a problem unless something changed.

We paid for our S with a personal check. I don't think it would be a problem unless something changed.
I imagine the biggest problem with bringing a personal check is they have to verify funds before completing the delivery, correct? With a cashier's check its like cash so there's no verification needed.

I am doing a cashier's check when i take delivery. Not taking chances of my bank confusing the situation and delaying us hours.

Or maybe a suitcase with untraceable slightly dirty $20 bills rolled up with rubber bands. That would make for a fun experience.

Glad to hear it, I've been following this story of VINs going missing for a bit and it's nice to see it getting dealt with.

Great to hear - who was the Supervisor you spoke to?

I have the same configuration and same timeline with my Vin (108xx) disappearing. My DS said her supervisor is trying to get me to the top of the list since my financing terms expire 4/22, but this feels like lip service. She said nobody really knows what is going on and that info is not shared well with her group. It would be nice to try and speak to a supervisor who might have more information.

Kevin is the guy that came through for me. He is the inside sales supervisor. There is one more guy named Dean who is also a supervisor. It is very strange that nobody knows what is going on with these cars.... Fun fact my delivery day is exactly 6 weeks since config.

Kevin is the guy that came through for me. He is the inside sales supervisor. There is one more guy named Dean who is also a supervisor. It is very strange that nobody knows what is going on with these cars.... Fun fact my delivery day is exactly 6 weeks since config.

I'm approaching 7 weeks from order and also had VIN removed 4/2. My ISA is not getting any action. Do you have email for Kevin or Dean? It is so hard to understand how VIN assignment can be so opaque and delivery get so far beyond the 6 week estimate.

Also, congrats on the VIN and delivery date! Smooth travels my friend.