Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIn to Delivery Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea how long it may take after receiving the VIN? I ordered Model Y white 5 seats in MD on Jan 18 and completed the tasks. Received the VIN on Feb 11 and completed the task - which I believe only putting your bank info- waiting for the delivery date for the insurance
EDD is now Feb 24 th to March 3.

About two weeks for me (VIN assigned 1/19, which is the date the car was manufactured, picked up 2/3). I think when you are assigned the VIN your car is either being manufactured or has been just manufactured.
Also, after the VIN the only task was to integrate my bank info for the payment. I will get the insurance once the delivery is scheduled. There is nothing else to delay to delivery right?

Also, after the VIN the only task was to integrate my bank info for the payment. I will get the insurance once the delivery is scheduled. There is nothing else to delay to delivery right?
Yes on the insurance - once the delivery is scheduled you can tell your insurance agent when to start the insurance and upload the image of the insurance card in the app. In terms of payment - I just brought a cashier's check for the outstanding amount. I did not deal with the loans/banks.

I got my VIN on Feb 4, with an EDD of Feb 11-18. MYLR AWD MS, 5-seat, black interior, induction wheels. Ever since Feb 11, my EDD has changed daily keeping a one-week window. Feb 12-19, 13-20, etc., and today it updated to Feb 20-27. Any idea what is happening here? Tesla chat said car was "build" and in transit...but I suspect that hey didn't know anything more than I do...deliver location in NM, Fremont VIN.

od was 1/18

MYLR black/black 5 seater 19" gemini

received vin late afternoon 2/18

didn't complete any tasks besides registration after o.d.

early morning 2/19, received text to schedule a delivery date before 2/20 or my order would be given to next person in line.

available pick up dates were from 2/20 - 2/24.

located in houston, tx

I got my VIN on Feb 4, with an EDD of Feb 11-18. MYLR AWD MS, 5-seat, black interior, induction wheels. Ever since Feb 11, my EDD has changed daily keeping a one-week window. Feb 12-19, 13-20, etc., and today it updated to Feb 20-27. Any idea what is happening here? Tesla chat said car was "build" and in transit...but I suspect that hey didn't know anything more than I do...deliver location in NM, Fremont VIN.
Update - delivery scheduled for 2-27.

I'm seeing 10 +/- 2 between VIN and Delivery. Can't wait for me to receive a VIN.

I'm estimating that to occur the 3rd week of March.
I'm seeing 3 between VIN and first available delivery date for CA folks, further out from CA or TX factory then add additional transit like mentioned above (+6 to 9)

Assuming all pre-delivery tasks have been completed in the Tesla app of course

Reactions: Mr_Joe
I'm seeing 3 between VIN and first available delivery date for CA folks, further out from CA or TX factory then add additional transit like mentioned above (+6 to 9)

Assuming all pre-delivery tasks have been completed in the Tesla app of course
Agreed - definitely depends on where you take delivery of course. I received VIN on 2/15 and first available delivery appointment was 3/3. Picking up on east coast (Charlotte, NC) so it has to make its way from Fremont to North Carolina. Long trip!

Reactions: chobra