Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it's possible to add a notification for if the vehicle has been parked with all doors closed for some time, maybe 10 minutes, and is still unlocked? There's been a couple times where I'm giving a "Tesla Talk" or something to curious parties, or otherwise hanging out near the car. Then I walk away and go about my business as normal. The problem is if the key's been within range of the vehicle for 5 minutes after all the doors were closed, walk-away locking is disabled.

It'd be nice if I could set up a "Hey, you didn't lock me!" text.

I second this!

I'm having an impossible time getting Visible Tesla to run on my Mac. Every time I attempt to start it I get this error message: The Java JAR file “VisibleTesla.jar” could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages. When I check there are no error messages in the Console. The online solutions recommended make no difference.

Help!:confused:

I'm having an impossible time getting Visible Tesla to run on my Mac. Every time I attempt to start it I get this error message: The Java JAR file “VisibleTesla.jar” could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages. When I check there are no error messages in the Console. The online solutions recommended make no difference.

Help!:confused:
If you like, you can give the following file a try. It's a bundled Mac OS X application which contains the Java runtime along with the VisibleTesla app. I maintain the current version in my DropBox. Just unzip the file and double click on the VisibleTesla app:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/168648/VisibleTesla.zip

anyone? If you try to login and credentials are wrong, do you get an error message? I try to login (credentials right) but no error message and nothing else happens (after a few moments of a circle in the left corner showing that it is trying to login)....

Want visible Tesla, Love Visible Tesla, but...... :crying:

I tried again with a false password and I get an error message. But when I try to login with the right credentials it just tries to login and that's all.
My name and password stay on the screen and I can click log in multiple times. Nothing changes.

Mac OS, but also windows server 2008 r2.

Help Starting Visible Tesla

I get this error every time I try to start VisibleTesla:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6e29016d, pid=37364, tid=22176
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_51-b13) (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (24.51-b03 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [glass.dll+0x1016d]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Even tried it on windows 7 machine. Same problem. Login - few seconds- same screen. Can only see the prefs or login tab. All the rest inaccessible. Logged out of the iOS app.
Am I the only one with this problem? Does this have anything to do with the proxy settings?

The log file is empty, except when I try to login with wrong credentials, then a login fail gets logged.

Now, after too many tries I get an error log :

mrt 24, 2014 7:29:41 PM org.noroomattheinn.utils.RestyWrapper rateLimit
INFO: Throttling: More than 20 requests in 60 seconds - Portal

So I,m getting to the tesla servers....

Last edited:
ferriosilvio, do you have any "funny" characters in your email address? There could be a bug in the VT code when handling them...

No, simply english characters. And password has combination of digits and characters.

Does a normal login also get logged? Because my log is empty if I make no mistake in the password.

Does anybody know how Jpasqua is doing? Don't want to bother him with stupid - support- questions.

Hi.

I have the exact same problem, when i enter the e-mail-addrese and password the little circle circles for a few seconds and then returns to the login screen with no error messages.

I have tried to enter wrong user and pass and that does indeed give me an error message.

I have tried on:
Wndows 7
Windows 8.1
MAC OSX latest version

Latest version of JAVA, I have tried on VisibleTesla version 0.25.0, 0.25.2, 0.25.7 and 0.26.0 all giving the same result. The log file is empty when I attempts to log in.

The Tesla provided iPhone works without any problems. I tried to log out of the iPhone app to see if it was because I was allready logged in. But no change.

I received my car 2 days ago and it is a EU version.

Hope their is a solution
Martin

This morning I tried to change the geo fence notification I previously had in visible tesla. When I hit lookup (for the defined area) the browser opens and goes to google maps but comes back with the following message "The Google Maps Embed API must be used in an iframe.". This was working fine before in the same installed package of VT. I have tried many addresses and no matter what I put in, I get this new error. Any ideas?