Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vision-based auto wipers finally working well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm kind of surprised this wasn't mentioned yet, so I figured I'd see if anyone else agrees that they finally figured out the vision-based auto wipers. I've now been through a few different rainy drives with 2024.20.3 and 2024.20.6.2 on my new Model S and I have to say the wipers on this car are finally working better than the wipers on my old P85 with the rain sensor. They generally turn on right when I want them to and at the right speed, erring on the side of less sensitive rather than more sensitive (which is my preference).

On top of that, they fixed my biggest complaint which was the hyper-speed the car liked to use that had me worrying about damaging the paint on my A-pillar. It seems like Tesla slowed down the hyper-speed mode and now the car has two reasonable wiper speeds that actually work well for light and heavy rain.

I've seen the car do a couple (almost) dry wipes on the windshield over the last week, but they were in response to a few raindrops hitting the windshield and the old car occasionally did that, too.