Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voetgangerswaarschuwingssysteem vooruit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the service center on Monday and they told me Teslas do not make that noise when driving forwards at any speeds. Only when reversing. For me, its bizzare. At least I should have the option to emit that type of a noise on demand when driving under 10 kmph.
Again SeC doesn’t know. Park on a quiet place. Music out. Open de drivers window. Put in D. You can hear a ‘noice’ if you are very attentive. Put back in P, the noice stops.

Reactions: Krisja
Again SeC doesn’t know. Park on a quiet place. Music out. Open de drivers window. Put in D. You can hear a ‘noice’ if you are very attentive. Put back in P, the noice stops.
I will try that.
Next time, I will have to tell the people walking 10 feet in front of the car, with the car driving 5 kmph to also listen to the 'noice'.
Apparently they cannot hear any Tesla but I can hear a Kona or a Niro from like 50 feet away

I will try that.
Next time, I will have to tell the people walking 10 feet in front of the car, with the car driving 5 kmph to also listen to the 'noice'.
Apparently they cannot hear any Tesla but I can hear a Kona or a Niro from like 50 feet away
Can’t choose which solution I prefer. I like the silence. And if they don’t hear me, I wait. Mostly it doesn’t take long.

I would like to have an option to trigger that soul crushing URFO sound on demand when at low speeds. Better than honking the horn or waiting for the situation to clear. Its just a software change
Maybe they should make something like a button, in reach of your hands, to activate a speaker.

Maybe put it in the center of the steering wheel.

1688633181828.png

In a few years it’ll be moot anyway within city limits.

In Utrecht which is at the vanguard of road design this is my daily reality to leave the city:

View attachment 953665

Bicycles and pedestrians have the right of way.

Personally I love it that my car doesn’t make a noise, not even in reverse.
Jep, de opvolger van het woonerf, de fietsstraat, auto te gast

Reactions: Dikkie Dik
Jep, de opvolger van het woonerf, de fietsstraat, auto te gast

Een aanvulling eerder 😁 ik woon aan een woonerfje dat uitkomt op een fietsstraat die weer uitkomt op een weg met gescheiden rijbanen voor auto’s en fietsen.

Maar het principe dat op het moment dat fietsen, voetgangers en auto’s dezelfde rijbaan delen de zwakste verkeersdeelnemers voorrang krijgen vind ik uitstekend.

Did you ever thought of buying one of those?....
The Niro, once.
And the Ioniq 5.
I find their driver assist tech tad better than Tesla.
What I miss so much is that in these days, you can change lanes easily. The 'autosteer' dis-engages easier and sooner and then re-engages automatically the moment you switch lanes.
Add to that real USS (they did help me when I was reversing the demo car in a blind spot and another car rushed by (some idiot worker there) and the car stopped itself using their cross traffic assist feature, I think)

But these were more expensive, loooooong wait times and many other things.

Onze Zoe van 2013 had al zo'n UFO-geluid bij snelheden onder 30 km/u, uitschakelbaar. Onze huidige Zoe het het nog steeds maar niet langer uitschakelbaar heb ik de indruk. Onze E-tron van 2019 heeft dan weer helemaal geen voetgangersgeluid.
Maar volgens mij is het ondertussen al enkele jaren voor nieuwe auto's gewoon verplicht.
Gek dat dit niet gerespecteerd zou worden.

Reactions: Enzo63