Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command button not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X only 3 months old. Have the same issue - voice command button not working, but will activate if I honk the horn. Started having the problem after I updated software to 46.2...maybe a coincidence. Called support and they said it was a known issue. Have to carry to Service center to resolve. Appointment scheduled for Friday.

I have a Model X only 3 months old. Have the same issue - voice command button not working, but will activate if I honk the horn. Started having the problem after I updated software to 46.2...maybe a coincidence. Called support and they said it was a known issue. Have to carry to Service center to resolve. Appointment scheduled for Friday.

Any resolution? My button is dead now, haven’t tried honking the horn.

2018 Model S 75 D. Same problem. In my case, the voice activation button and the right scroll wheel stopped working. The horn activates the voice activation button. Tesla Service attempted replacing the switches for both. This didn't work. They then ordered a new steering wheel airbag assembly and replaced the airbag. This worked for six days and then the voice activation button stopped working again. The right scroll wheel still works. The horn again activates the voice button. Requested another service call just now. Fingers crossed!

2018 Model S. Having same issue. Voice command and scroll wheel not working. Bottom menu button works.

Pressing horn activates the voice command. I am able to do a reset by pressing both scroll wheels.

Does anyone have the fix for this or does it need to be replaced?

I have read about this and seen the same responses on all the forums. Same for me... the voice command button physically slid underneath the horn. So, I switched off my "honk to save dashcam" and have been using the horn. Sucks because i just had MCU2 installed and the voice commands are perfect and instantaneous... i just need to use the horn right now..lol subtle tap at the top right... worth it!

I already had mobile service fix this, but now I am going to make an attempt on my own. I feel confident removing the steering wheel, as I've studied the process a couple times. After that.... i will hope I see what the tech saw, and be able to implement a permanent fix...

super glue? :eek:

please let me know if you have advice before i undertake this one!

I have the same issue in late model 2019 X-LR. After a software update, the voice command button does nothing; the horn activates the voice comand and the driver door exterior open bar activates the voice commend when pressed.

How can this possibly be hardware issue when the problem started immediately after an update?

Any updates / resolutions? Just started on my late 2018 S75D. Same issue as others are reporting - voice command button travels/clicks but doesn’t activate, horn activates voice command, and opening drivers door to enter activates voice command.

Any updates / resolutions? Just started on my late 2018 S75D. Same issue as others are reporting - voice command button travels/clicks but doesn’t activate, horn activates voice command, and opening drivers door to enter activates voice command.
Hi. I had to replace again the entire set, in about under a year. I still had the old set, so I tried to replace just the voice activation button, but it still didn't work, so I had to buy another set, I guess was the harness that was damaged. It worked fine since.