Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice commands not being accepted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a feature that I almost never use. Maybe Tesla should allow 3rd party voice rec to work and do some sort of integration with apple Siri, amazon alexia or Google home (in the car). Would love it it if that steering wheel button is a remote Siri button and the phone app can integrate better with the car to control more functions.

The voice sound is transmitted to a server that does the interpretation. If you don't have a connection, voice won't work. I run into this when leaving my home, where I try to use voice to navigate. Unfortunately, I do that right as my wifi cuts out and before LTE cuts in. In other words, maybe it's a connection problem. Just a guess.

We've had our 2017 Model S for only a couple of weeks but it has stopped recognizing voice command three times. We have corrected it each time by rebooting the screen. Why does it happen? Is there a permanent fix?
You mean how you press the voice listen button and then it gives you one circle but not the prompt to talk even though you have internet connectivity? And once it starts it never works until reset or maybe resuming. I have not found a fix to that. My car is new like yours. I am guessing that because of the lack of complaints that the bug is relatively new.