Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote for a Recall of FSD 11.3.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for popping my full of hope balloon, that V11.3 will solve all my world problems.
Right now, most of the highway problems that I've seen seem to come from not predicting the behavior of cars soon enough, e.g. realizing that a car that is on a circular exit ramp is probably about to merge into your lane, not stay in the loop and exit again, realizing that two lanes are about to merge and you need to not be beside another car (or anywhere close to being beside one) when that happens, etc. If they can fix their extremely over-aggressive failure to leave room for merging vehicles, things will be pretty solid on the highway again.

And anecdotally, the removal of the transition from highway to city driving does seem to have improved a lot of aberrant exit handling behavior when you're the one exiting.

Honestly, I'm rather positive about 11.3, despite all the problems, because I was half expecting much worse problems. Getting rid of the legacy stack is a critical step towards reaching L3 autonomy on the freeway. They're not as close as I was hoping they would be, but they're not as far as I was afraid they would be.

Reactions: DanCar
Guess complaining forever on something already fixed has value. Not sure what it is though.
I believe I was pretty explicit about this in my earlier post:
This has made me very wary of software updates in cars. I'm going to be much more cautious about accepting Tesla updates in the future, at least when I know a big one is coming soon. I'm also going to be much more cautious about buying cars with OTA software updates in the future. That's certainly the way the industry is going, but if an automaker has a reputation for making radical changes or making everybody a beta tester, as Tesla does, that will be a negative for my future car-buying decisions.

News flash: Already recalled in the sense that two newer versions are out.
Well we need em. We have .4. It is like 1 step forward 7 steps back. It’s horrible. Lane selection, traffic circles, stops on railway tracks before intersections. Wow. It’s like starting over again. Hang on tight. I think it’s back to the drawing board. Robotaxis are decades away at this point. Ugh.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird and DanCar
Well we need em. We have .4. It is like 1 step forward 7 steps back. It’s horrible. Lane selection, traffic circles, stops on railway tracks before intersections. Wow. It’s like starting over again. Hang on tight. I think it’s back to the drawing board. Robotaxis are decades away at this point. Ugh.
I'll give Tesla a break on this one, since I think they were trying to resolve a government mandate, rather than doing the right thing.

Well, you can file a complaint with NHTSA if you like. But be aware that NHTSA takes months, at best, to investigate and take action against any complaints. In the meantime, the FSD version you complain about will likely be long surpassed by other versions which may fix the issues you are having. Odds are, that 11.3.4 will be released within a week or two.

That is, of course, assuming that the many issues you are having are suitable for NHTSA to take action.
I think complaining to nhtsa is moot. FSD does not exist. FSDb exists but that is not the purchased feature.