Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW ID.3 beats Tesla model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

one2many

Aug 16, 2019
germany
OK so I normally post very strange stuff late at night. Now I just have seen a review
that the VW beats tesla. What Monty Python would say about the the ID.3 " it's a Leaf.
It's a Leaf. OK after researching drugs of the 60'-80's i could not find one to make you
say this. I watched the Utubes of the test drives and they were very carful not to mention
Tesla. Top speed is 160kmh, Tesla model 3 over 220kmh. The range is about the same as
a Leaf. Really I guess it just another rather random post, carry on.

The range is about the same as
a Leaf.
The ID.3 actually has much longer ranges. Here are two of their models, as well as the equivalent Model 3 trims as they are sold in Germany (using WLTP range for all cars, since the ID.3 has no EPA range).

ID.3 Pro: range 426 km (265 miles) WLTP, price 35,574 EUR
Model 3 Standard Plus: range 409 km (254 miles) WLTP, price 42,900 EUR

ID.3 Pro S: range 549 km (341 miles) WLTP, price 40,936 EUR
Model 3 Long Range: range 560 km (348 miles) WLTP, price 52,000 EUR

So, the ID3 is significantly less expensive for comparable ranges. On the other hand, the Model 3 accelerates significantly faster. So depending on your priorities, either car may "beat" the other. Of course there are other differences in terms of interior, build quality, materials, hatch vs. trunk etc.

The ID.3 actually has much longer ranges. Here are two of their models, as well as the equivalent Model 3 trims as they are sold in Germany (using WLTP range for all cars, since the ID.3 has no EPA range).

So, the ID3 is significantly less expensive for comparable ranges. On the other hand, the Model 3 accelerates significantly faster. So depending on your priorities, either car may "beat" the other. Of course there are other differences in terms of interior, build quality, materials, hatch vs. trunk etc.
software that works :)

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up

Let's forget data, what we need is information.
I am sure some of these numbers are possible on the back of a tow truck.

Reactions: WarpedOne
software that works :)

The whole software argument I have found has actually turned out to be nothing and debunked. From reviews the cars are performing great and the software provided works just fine. VW are not using their car users as road test subjects from an AP point of view to gather data so no you will not be getting a new software version every week to correct mistakes but at the same time that is a direction they have not gone on. What you are provided with works and true with competition the AR heads up stuff looks very cool. Would be nice to see that on a model 3 one day or someone make a mod. The main thing is they are significantly quieter inside than a 3.

In fact thinking about it I think the whole they cant do software thing is surrounding the readiness of the AR road overlays which will be activated after anyway I believe.

The whole software argument I have found has actually turned out to be nothing and debunked. From reviews the cars are performing great and the software provided works just fine.

It "works fine" because they just left out a bunch of originally promised stuff they still haven't gotten to work fine yet.

They promise you'll get it eventually.

Probably not OTA though since that's among the things they weren't able to get working.

Which is why they had to delay the launch for months and manually update each car with a wired laptop in a tent.

So no, nothing was "debunked"

Indeed, VW themselves admit they have massive software problems- to the point they're hiring thousands of people just to address that one problem.

I hate data cause it makes me drink.
For those data mined folks out there,
real world range is 240km, and this is at 130kmh.
Eco mode is about 350. So on an autobahn the has trucks in
one lane going 90kmh or the fast lane 160-200kmh, well this
is not a good option. About half of a model 3 at 160kmh.
I could go 90kmh with the trucks, read the paper, do my knitting
or wash my feet, but I like running with the big boys.