Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 20/73 self-reported VIN assignments in the last 2d have been for WA. Multiple Canadian reservations have VINs now.
Of course the actual percentage depends on when you sample...

For example, here's a look at the distribution on 5/2 (sorry for the similar colors), IMO 35% is close to 40%:
Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 7.37.32 AM.png
It still says more that the rate dropped to 0%.

Haven’t looked at this thread for a while, since we were able to take delivery April 17 and get the sales tax exemption.
Just wanted to report back that we had previously put our model three on hold because we are waiting for the all wheel drive.
We pulled the trigger on March 9, the day after it became apparent that the legislature wasn’t doing anything this year to extend it.
Absolutely no regrets…
The car is amazing. I’m so glad we didn’t wait for the all-wheel-drive, with or without the exemption.
Second best car I’ve ever driven next to my Model S 100D Including every Model X I’ve ever driven.
So if you’re waiting for an all wheel drive and worried about pulling the trigger I’d say don’t worry. You can always buy a winter tire package which would probably get you a safer car in the snow than an all wheel drive Model 3 with stock tires for a lot less.

I'm assuming you already checked your email ? They are not calling anymore, just emailing.

They emailed me a day after assigning VIN.

Funny thing. So they assigned me a person in California that contacted me by e-mail. After the first e-mail I did not hear from them. Then out of the blue this morning somebody else calls me... some regional person.

So I guess once you finish all steps they might pass you on to somebody else for the actual delivery date confirmation?

Of course the actual percentage depends on when you sample...

It still says more that the rate dropped to 0%.
So I think we're saying the same thing then, just in different ways - latest data clearly shows that they are NOT making WA a priority anymore. Today's VINs are almost exclusively for CAN reservations (which pisses me off even more, since some aren't even day 1 reservations...).

wonder what the issue was with how they were recording numbers back to last september. They adjusted UP nearly 600 with these new numbers (between Sept-Feb).

The red numbers on the left were the previously reported monthly numbers, running total on the right.

View attachment 295172

Edit - fixed number...

The document says, they were not counting Leaf '18, Model 3 & Pacifica, which they fixed.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/docs/estimated-number-of-eligible-vehicles.pdf