Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waaaah! I don't have 8.0 yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sort-of love how our Waaaaah! thread is being turned into the "I GOT IT !" thread.

Still no new cars reporting from Canada, eh. So cold.

winter-7650.gif%7Ec200

I have not received my v8.0 update yet. Three days ago, I came across a software notification via my mobile app telling me that the Software Update had failed. However, I never came across the yellow timer icon telling me to accept an update in my car and I've been keeping my car connected to WiFi at home. Geofencing hasn't worked for me either. Maybe I'll have to stop by my local SC to request to have the update manually pushed to my vehicle. Very frustrating considering how many people have already received it on their cars!

Still no 8.0 for me, on LTE. Unfortunately, no wifi access for the car for a few months.
When I thought I could snag it I was geofencing, wifi'ing, and otherwise trying to get on Elon's good side ;)

In Canada we have no 8.0 so I gave up. If I were you I'd pull up to a Starbucks or McDonalds or even turn your phone into a hotspot and suffer some bandwidth to get the hotness.

Thought I had it last Wednesday...the day it rolled out, but it was just the security patch. Woke up this morning and got another notice that an update was available, so this will be the 8.0 update. Not using any WiFi or Geofencing...just regular OTA. Will report back once I have time to install it, probably tomorrow night. That way i can spend the necessary time doing my due diligence to familiarize myself with all the changes before having to take to the road over the next week.

Yet another US-only point release for 8.0 so I was kinda negative over in the official 8.0 thread.

I thought I'd be a bit more optimistic over here ;) I predict Canada and the rest of the world will benefit from the "beta testing" that our American friends are now doing for us -- thanks folks, I love your... entertaining TV shows, like that one on Monday, "Debate" something.

In addition to the vetted tweaks, they'll obviously also give us the following to make up for the delay:
- Multiple Nav routing options !
- Remove individual SC charger stops (and make SC routing rules follow Tesla's actual SC recommendations) !
- Add waypoints to your trip !
- Avoid highways / freeways !

Basically the functionality from your TomTom from the 90s ! Just don't drive into a lake.

But wait ! I predict in honour of Canuck cold climate we're also going to get the following in the 8.0 non-US release:
- Pack preheating
- Charge to target % @ time
- Rear window defrost from app
- Warm toes mode, that doesn't let your feet freeze !

But wait some more, that's not all ! I predict they're also going to unleash the following:
- App reminder if you're @ home location for over 1 hour but not plugged in ("a plugged-in Tesla is a happy Tesla")
- Return to some kind of remote control of side windows -- full down, and full open.

Yes, I'm joking, sort of... just really puzzled at how this Major OS Release is being handled. Especially since there are bug fixes and improvement to the interface. I am not even going to suggest that if AP is safer now, then there is a high global % of cars that are "less safe."

But I was actually thinking my wish list would be longer than it is.. surely I missed some, but except for the major missing NAV features the car continues to delight me, even with the gaps.

For anyone still running 7.1, it may be better for you to wait to install 8.0 - and give Tesla time to fix the major UI problems introduced in this release, especially for non-AP cars.

The few nice features that were added aren't enough to justify living with degraded UI for the navigation system and media player.

This is probably the most anxious I've been since getting the Model S. And I've had my traction pack drop to emergency power on a hilly highway (that was kinda fun actually).

I find it extremely difficult to resist an "Upgrade Now !" button as I love checking out new software. And I usually look forward to alpha or beta testing new stuff. And seeing a new interface on my Model S is always fun.

But the Autopilot can apparently veer right or slam on the brakes sometimes, the media player is pretty much useless for USB and some find it really difficult to navigate otherwise, and the phone address book lookup now just presumptively dials away, apparently.

Hmm well if that's all then new thing wins and I'm pressing the button. So where's that "outside North America" download already ? :D

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
This is probably the most anxious I've been since getting the Model S. And I've had my traction pack drop to emergency power on a hilly highway (that was kinda fun actually).

I find it extremely difficult to resist an "Upgrade Now !" button as I love checking out new software. And I usually look forward to alpha or beta testing new stuff. And seeing a new interface on my Model S is always fun.

But the Autopilot can apparently veer right or slam on the brakes sometimes, the media player is pretty much useless for USB and some find it really difficult to navigate otherwise, and the phone address book lookup now just presumptively dials away, apparently.

Hmm well if that's all then new thing wins and I'm pressing the button. So where's that "outside North America" download already ? :D
Don't believe everything you read on this forum. Those who complain make the most noise.

On balance I find the AP has improved with a few notable exceptions.

The media player is better in almost every way, except for the removal of the "media source" option from the scroll wheel. I have a modest (3-400 song) USB stick and I have no problem selecting the music I want.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex