Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waaaah! I don't have 8.0 yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw an update notification as I was getting ready to leave for my office so will have to investigate when I am back home. Does the car have to be connected to wifi or can it update while in my office parking garage? Interestingly, My Tesla App shows nothing new
It downloads over wifi/LTE, once you have the notification, you can update anywhere (it's downloaded/processed locally in your car).

I just updated in my parking garage, 4 stories underground with no cell reception.

Last edited:
Thanks Max. So I just need to go back to the car and initiate the install and that's it?
That's what I did. I got the notification in the AM, but didn't have an hour to wait around.

So I drove to work, parked, hit install now, went to my desk. Around lunch time came down to make sure it installed 8.0 and didn't fail (no cell reception in the garage, so no cell phone notification at my desk, but I gave it 2+ hours to complete)

Reactions: joebiker25
Still waiting. This is going to be me at work all this week:

giphy.gif

Got the update!!

giphy.gif

Whoop whoop! Just got mine this morning; finished installing about two minutes ago. Haven't even been out to the car yet.

It seems now to be a fairly broad rollout now - hopefully everyone is updated soon.

Wash your car, do your rain dance, do whatever it takes. May this thread come to an end soon!

Whoop whoop right back at ya! Did my rain/update dance, but I think it was the connection to wifi that finally did it. Installing now!

IMG_7047.PNG

I was surprised to get this message twice in the past 2 days displayed on my phone. I've never seen that before. I wasn't trying to download 8.0 so maybe there is some initial step that is automatic prior to the final download? I did finally get the invitation to download 8.0 last night and installed (was on WiFi at the time).