Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait times for Solar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it really matter? Tesla's owner is busy on a crusade for "free speech" and service has sucked long before.
Maybe it's the thought, that Tesla as a company will still be around in 10-15 years, where Mom & Pop Solar LLC, probably won't be. I'm honestly super salty with the solar market in general. At this point I'd rather just do the install myself, but of course you can't buy the Enphase batteries or Powerwalls as a regular person.

I must be lucky. I waited a total of six months from order to PTO. It was a very simple process.
The order to install of the Solarroof and PWs went according to schedule. It was about 5 months, even with the county's several weeks long Covid construction shutdown. Once the installation was completed, the April from August delays were mainly because the city inspection department worked remotely. They could do structural permit signoffs with a video call. However, solar needed an onsite visit.

Went to a Solar presentation at the local Tesla Showroom recently. It was interesting that after talking about solar panels, the advisor began to talk about the solar roof, and one thing he mentioned, was that solar roof is great because it uses micro-inverters in comparison to the outdated tech, not very reliable string inverters. For a moment I was thinking of asking about what type of inverter their solar panels use…. But I decided there’s no way to recover from that so I’ll leave it alone.

My brother in law just ordered panels with Tesla. He doesn't even want them for a year because he's doing a major remodel and not living in the house currently but wanted to get in under NEM 2.0 and Tesla said they'd submit they interconnection application before the deadline. The system has to be installed within 3 years after that. He's hoping it will take a while. I think he's going to get his wish.