Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for white interior

Have you received your SR+ white interior M3

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my SR+ white ext and white int with FSD Wednesday May 8th. I've got to return my lease June 6th. I guess I could hold on to lease a week or so extra grace period but nothing else. If I don't have a VIN by May 30th should I get worried, change my order to a white black? I really want the white but I need a car for sure latest June 13th. Plus what if they don't get it delivered in time for tax credit purposes and I lose out on tax credit ?

Ordered my SR+ white ext and white int with FSD Wednesday May 8th. I've got to return my lease June 6th. I guess I could hold on to lease a week or so extra grace period but nothing else. If I don't have a VIN by May 30th should I get worried, change my order to a white black? I really want the white but I need a car for sure latest June 13th. Plus what if they don't get it delivered in time for tax credit purposes and I lose out on tax credit ?
I would check ev-cpo.com daily and if you see something close ask your SR to get you that vin. FSD can always be added on as software.

Checked the website and apparently there's not a single white model 3 exterior available on the site...so you think that's a bad indication? I mean aren't they building these cars daily?

Inventory has been shrinking over the past couple of weeks for USA Model 3’s. That indicates that the cars currently being produced are headed to international locations. Once they switch the line back to North American production you will see a big jump in inventory again. Looking at the various inventory aggregator sites it appears that Model 3 inventory for USA is between 48 and 53 cars. That’s a very small number of cars remaining for the entire country.

Tesla will most likely call you once this happens and try to match you up with a car they have available. If not white/white they will offer you something close. It’s your option to wait or go with another color/trim combination.

Ordered my SR+ white ext and white int with FSD Wednesday May 8th. I've got to return my lease June 6th.

My recommendation is that, if you don't have a VIN and estimated delivery date by about one week before your lease ends, call your Tesla salesperson (or visit a Tesla store in person) to discuss the matter. Don't simply change your order, though; you could be changing it to something that'll take longer to deliver. Instead, do an inventory search to see what's available in your area. Maybe white/black will be more available; or maybe you'll see a blue/white vehicle that you'd prefer; and so on. The point is to find something that you know is local and can be delivered within a week.

Alternatively, if you really want the white/white color scheme, you could make contingency plans to rent a car for a while, or maybe to extend the lease on your current car by a month, or borrow a car from a friend or relative, or even make do with public transit. You might want to call the leasing company to ask about that now, just so you know whether that might be possible. (I have no idea how flexible leasing companies are about such things.)

Checked the website and apparently there's not a single white model 3 exterior available on the site...so you think that's a bad indication? I mean aren't they building these cars daily?

Tesla has a quarterly cycle for M3 production, based on region and configuration. It has been suggested the switch to SR+ North American production is next week. We should know very soon if that is accurate.

How does Tesla run these orders? By who ordered first or by ease of shipping? Cause I see some people waiting longer than others with same config? Don't get how someone who ordered after someone gets theirs first being exact same config ??

One of those people was in Canada. That seems to make a large difference. But there are definitely factors beyond order date, such as interior/exterior colors, and shipping location within the US.