Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for white interior

Have you received your SR+ white interior M3

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 3.40.45 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: beba91 and Mansley
I received my LR RWD White on white yesterday and it was a showroom model from what I was told. It had a $170 adjustment. Everything in it is flawless interior and exterior with exception I noticed last night that the left side of trunk is a little raid when compared to the pane where the chargeport is located...its a little off by like maybe 1/16" of an inch you can't notice it until you literally walk up to it..I am guessing they can correct this if I call them in and schedule so body work to correct this? Other than that you shouldn't be too worried and again if anything is scuffed, scratched, broke ask for bigger adjustment. Mine had 20 miles on it.
When did you order and what's the production date of the car? Should be on the sticker in the door sill.

Finally June is here, which should bring a huge number of deliveries, and hopefully wipe out the white interior backlog.
Please update your vote on this threads poll, when you get your car.

I ordered March 2nd, and have delivery scheduled for June 7th.

A lot had happed in this time frame. Pricing changed a couple of times. HW3 started being added. Autopilot got bundled in. The Canadian government introduced the $5k incentive. The 1450 connector was removed (which I need). Homelink was removed, though not part of my package. There were rumors the J1772 adapter was being removed, but this is not yet confirmed. There were also posts in this forum indicating Tesla had gone back to HW2.5 on May production, but there are conflicting reports at this time. Several firmware updates including the very significant 16.3.
A new more efficient video codec was added for HW3. We learned Tesla was now adding some kind of PPF or something similar to protect against abrasion on the lower rocker panels. My non responding delivery advisor was fired.

I am sure others can add more changes they saw while waiting. It was not a boring wait.

In the next few weeks, this will all hopefully be behind us, as we are out there enjoying our M3s.

Please post your updates.

Went on Tesla site to reluctantly check to see if anything changed on a Saturday. To my surprise it asked me to make a final payment, which I thought was surprising as there was No vin and No delivery date. Went into the source code and saw my VIN number. I can finally rest easy now, knowing my car will be here soon. White on White SR

Went on Tesla site to reluctantly check to see if anything changed on a Saturday. To my surprise it asked me to make a final payment, which I thought was surprising as there was No vin and No delivery date. Went into the source code and saw my VIN number. I can finally rest easy now, knowing my car will be here soon. White on White SR
That's an amazing surprise to wake up to! Awesome!

Finally picked up my car today from oakville. Service was great i nicely asked for the Nema plug he said let me see what i can do and gave it free of charge. No mats though or cell phone cables. Was told its HW2.5 did not argue about it just said i expected otherwise and he said not to worry we will provide mobile service for HW3 replacements by the end of the year. Software is showing as 2019.16.2.

Delivery itself was great. He spent an hour explaining things i found a markish rub they buffed it out on the spot, there was a minor sratche inside the frunk they painted it but said i could come again to get it retouched properly. There was a small scratch inside the door where it hinges with the car they retouched that as well. We got two toy cars as well for my son.

Overall the car is great loved driving it, the brakes make a hissing sound we shall see if it goes away maybe because its a new car and needs to break in.

Let me know if you have any questions will post a picture of it soon. (Its raining it Toronto so want to take a nice one)

Reactions: Mansley
Finally picked up my car today from oakville. Service was great i nicely asked for the Nema plug he said let me see what i can do and gave it free of charge. No mats though or cell phone cables. Was told its HW2.5 did not argue about it just said i expected otherwise and he said not to worry we will provide mobile service for HW3 replacements by the end of the year. Software is showing as 2019.16.2.

Delivery itself was great. He spent an hour explaining things i found a markish rub they buffed it out on the spot, there was a minor sratche inside the frunk they painted it but said i could come again to get it retouched properly. There was a small scratch inside the door where it hinges with the car they retouched that as well. We got two toy cars as well for my son.

Overall the car is great loved driving it, the brakes make a hissing sound we shall see if it goes away maybe because its a new car and needs to break in.

Let me know if you have any questions will post a picture of it soon. (Its raining it Toronto so want to take a nice one)
What model did you get and when did you order?

Got my little Oreo (SR+) on June 5th! The car came early. (Originally scheduled for June 11).

Placed order March 15th.

Delivery went smoothly :) good luck to everyone who are still waiting! The Montreal center had plenty of white interiors.

View attachment 417300

I have the same build! Waiting for it to arrive (June 19th).

Also, hilarious because we were also going to call ours Oreo!

Have fun!

• Love
Reactions: beba91
So as I mentioned earlier, we received our white on white LR RWD Model 3. So far we love it, but a couple days later from delivery we noticed that there are a couple panel gaps that are pretty noticeable once you are within a few feet of the car. I am attaching pictures. Should we be worried or make them fix them, I don't know if I am being picky but to me they are a bit noticeable and I am not sure if the trunk door is a bit misaligned which causes a slightly raised trunk door on the left side that meets the body but on the right side there is no gap and its even with the rest of the body.

They said they would look at it and should be able to fix it, but I am worried they will send it out to some other place and cause more damage :/ The first two are the left side where the trunk meets and you can see the gap between panels is wider than the last picture which is of the right side. Also the left side trunk panel is raised compared to the right side by about 1/8 of an inch.
LeftSidePanelGapTrunk01.jpg
LeftSidePanelGapTrunk02.jpg
RightsideNoGap.jpg