Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: July 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you ordered, how did you give a referral? I don't remember them asking for that when I ordered.
I should clarify. I used a friends referral link to place my original order. Tesla retroactively updated my referral and gave me the 500 dollars off automatically. I placed my order before the new referral terms applied and I didn’t know if I would get the 500 off or not because of that.

Interesting. I didn't receive that auto-response yet but that's discouraging. I'm actually just highly motivated by annoyance. I emailed my SA asking for the referral code to be added within 30 minutes of placing my order. It feels like a real customer service miss to not be able to accommodate that request. Currently at 1:20 in hold time on this call....

They couldn't add it, so they had to cancel the order and i reordered it, my guy in vegas knows his *sugar*, so it literally took 5 mins, he's doing vin swap etc.. and its all good no delays and he credited me 250 to my account. so i lose nothing

They couldn't add it, so they had to cancel the order and i reordered it, my guy in vegas knows his *sugar*, so it literally took 5 mins, he's doing vin swap etc.. and its all good no delays and he credited me 250 to my account. so i lose nothing
Ok so after a giant cluster - I ended up in the exact place you are. Except - you got your initial order fee refunded?

Well, it'll be credited to my account 72 hours after i take delivery, i can schedule a delivery as early as next Wednesday. It's a bit difficult since i am still trying to trade my truck and they haven't given an offer, and since it's the summer, i am taking care of our 7-year-old. I would be curious how people delay it to the point that they will deliver it to you? Might be my easiest solution, unless i decide to trade the truck the same day i pickup, which will need to see the offer. But if they try to lowball me on d - day i will walk away, and that'll make this all the much harder, since my wife will need to take time off . I might push it out till Friday to allow more time.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmd32
Update

My VIN was issued last night.

MYP
Gray
5 Seat - black interior
Tow hitch
21in wheels
OD: July 4th
ODD: July - Aug
EDD: (1st)July 23- July 30
VIN: yes 7/06/23

My research shows it is a Fremont build.
I received a text stating July 23 is my delivery date, but I will not be available that date. We agreed on July 28.

Extra bit of information on July 29 I will be attending the BMW Ultimate Driving event in Atlanta. I believe we will be driving BMW EVs on an autocross course.

I received a text stating July 23 is my delivery date, but I will not be available that date. We agreed on July 28.

Extra bit of information on July 29 I will be attending the BMW Ultimate Driving event in Atlanta. I believe we will be driving BMW EVs on an autocross course.
yeah, mine is supposed to be Wednesday, they must have made a lot of extra cars the end of the quarter, because within 2 days i had my VIN. I almost want to try and delay, because my garage needs to be emptied to get it in. i might just leave it outside for a week or so until i can get stuff under control out there. Since my business uses the garage for storage, it's a pita right now. The wife was in no uncertain terms OK with me running an extension cord into the garage from the adjoining room door to charge it anyway.. especially at night, even though i told her i would buy a nema or that split volt. I kinda got the ok for day charging until i get a garage outlet installed, but that's an entirely different issue, since i don't think my breaker has any open spots.. heh fun times. 4mph here i come!

• Funny
Reactions: ggunn9