Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Six months out? I only ordered on new years day and already have a vin.
When did you get your VIN?
Have you completed all pre-delivery steps especially finance before getting VIN assigned?
I ordered early Feb but just submitted trade-in late last week and haven't done financing yet.
IMO, once an order has all steps completed, it may get VIN assigned sooner.

When did you get your VIN?
Have you completed all pre-delivery steps especially finance before getting VIN assigned?
I ordered early Feb but just submitted trade-in late last week and haven't done financing yet.
IMO, once an order has all steps completed, it may get VIN assigned sooner.
Got the vin yesterday. Paying cash. Sold my P85DL to a private party 3 weeks ago.

Sorry, I posted in the Refresh thread. Here it is again.
Guys, I have never contributed to this forum as I never had much to share. But, recently in last 5 days I got these similar texts for March15 -March 31 EDD , which was change from Oct 22 to July 22 to March 15-31 EDD date. In the last 24 hrs, it changed from March 15 -March 31 to March 20-24 with a VIN # Assigned , 7SAXCBE60NF3369XX and mine is a MXP , Red color, 20' inch wheel, FSD and Black Interior, 6 seater ( which was originally 7 seater and I had to change to 6 seater with no pricing change on Feb 2, 2022). Picking up in Fremont ,CA. Hope this helps others who have been waiting for so long as myself, since I ordered on 05/06/2021. Any suggestions prior to pickup or during pickup or post pickup are welcome? I will also review the previous threads for guidance.
Guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got Delivery of my MX Plaid. I got it from their Dublin,CA location but was delivered to my home. Surprisingly, they had pushed it fro m 23rd to 26th yesterday and then I had asked them that I am out of town on 26th , so could do it 27th or later. Out of blue, I receive a call at 3pm PST that they can deliver the car at my place between 4 to 6pm . They asked if I was financing and I told them I was paying by Cashier's check, which I had got done yesterday itself for the exact amount. Easy Delivery process and the vehicle had couple of edge misalignment but nothing that I could not live with. The only think is a small paint chip at the edge of a window only noticeable if you are looking hard. Awesome vehicle otherwise and they delivered it in PLAID mode itself and I touched the paddle and almost ran into the fence, crazy acceleration. It will take sometime to get used to yoke steering. I will share more as days go by. Long wait but finally got it.

Guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got Delivery of my MX Plaid. I got it from their Dublin,CA location but was delivered to my home. Surprisingly, they had pushed it fro m 23rd to 26th yesterday and then I had asked them that I am out of town on 26th , so could do it 27th or later. Out of blue, I receive a call at 3pm PST that they can deliver the car at my place between 4 to 6pm . They asked if I was financing and I told them I was paying by Cashier's check, which I had got done yesterday itself for the exact amount. Easy Delivery process and the vehicle had couple of edge misalignment but nothing that I could not live with. The only think is a small paint chip at the edge of a window only noticeable if you are looking hard. Awesome vehicle otherwise and they delivered it in PLAID mode itself and I touched the paddle and almost ran into the fence, crazy acceleration. It will take sometime to get used to yoke steering. I will share more as days go by. Long wait but finally got it.
Congrats!
Just finished all tasks for my reservation and now just waiting for VIN.
I was thinking to wait near EDD of 10/22 to submit trade-in and loan but decided to finish them now after nearly 2 months of order date.
Who knows, Tesla may prioritize orders that have completed all pre-delivery tasks, especially trade-in and payments.

Nice. I ordered on 12/5, basically upgraded everything including FSD (hoping it would improve my EDD), and still waiting with an EDD of September. Hope that changes soon.

I didn't add FSD. Given Tesla's order page now actually says you'll get it way sooner if you order with FSD(or maybe that's just the Y), I'm still surprised. On the other hand, I'm a factory delivery, so it could be that in this large batch of vins released last week to all california buyers that they're not so much concerned with queue as they are with people who replied in the text that they'll accept delivery NOW right before the end of the quarter where they can deliver JUST made vehicles quickly.

Can you post some pics and give us a bit of a review after a few days?

Just checked mine and it still says delivery date of October. I have completed everything except data/pix on my Founders trade-in. Given the October delivery date projection, I figured it was a waste of time to do it now as I would have to do it again in October. Do you think if I did it now it would effect the delivery date?

Just checked mine and it still says delivery date of October. I have completed everything except data/pix on my Founders trade-in. Given the October delivery date projection, I figured it was a waste of time to do it now as I would have to do it again in October. Do you think if I did it now it would effect the delivery date?
This is just my personal thought that if you got everything done, you will have higher chance to get a VIN matched sooner than expected.
I had the same thought but decided to complete trade-in and finance even though my EDD is still 10/22 but who knows.
For trade-in, they will ask you resubmit milage once it expires.
Finance would be the same for rates and approval again but if your credit profile doesn't change, it wouldn't be an issue to get approved again.