Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X Plaid Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my order in a month ago. Initially I had the full self driving option and the 22" wheel. After carefully consideration I have removed the 22" wheel and the FSD. estimate delivery date is october 2022. I like to know If the FSD gives you a sooner delivery date? I was going to opt out and try the subscription service for 200 a month and try out and see if I like it. But if paying the 12k gives me a sooner delivery date and not have to pay the monthly fee then I will probally go for that. Let me know what you guys think!

Thank you!

I added FSD awhile back thinking it would help. I am
Not convinced it does anything. From a sales perspective, it makes sense to tell the customers that an extra 12k gets them their car faster. But from what I have seen on this message board and the other refresh board, it all seems random and more related to your location in the US vs what portion of the sales quarter it is (CA seems to get the end of quarter push really hard). Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Vitaman
I added FSD awhile back thinking it would help. I am
Not convinced it does anything. From a sales perspective, it makes sense to tell the customers that an extra 12k gets them their car faster. But from what I have seen on this message board and the other refresh board, it all seems random and more related to your location in the US vs what portion of the sales quarter it is (CA seems to get the end of quarter push really hard). Just my thoughts.
That FSD trick only works for the 3 and Y, but not S or X.