Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector 3rd Generation 18' on Backorder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been trying to order the 18' Wall Connector for the last week and its been sold out. Has anyone heard when they will be replenished so I can order? I went on Amazon and a company is selling them or over double for $1,100 when the price on the Tesla sight is $500. Sounds like price gouging to me! Any other sites to get them now for a reasonable price?

I was ordering a Gen 3 but it was out of stock. Ordered a Gen 2 (for my 2013 S) about 3 weeks ago, as the electrician was coming imminently. ( it does have a 24' cord- which I don't really need). Then a few days later the Gen 3 was back in stock. Seems to be very hit or miss.

Wall Connector 18' available to order on Tesla website as of 30 minutes ago. I just ordered it. Also of note if any of you went to Amazon to see if available, it is and they are wanting $1,100 for them. I called Amazon to complain about the two vendors offering them are price gouging. If others will file a complaint, it would be helpful. They are taking advantage of people and the situation.

Every time I look, the 18' Wall Connector it is out of stock. I have a j1772 that is working, but I would like to get a Gen 3. I am hoping that the reason it is out of stock so much is that they are coming out with an upgrade with a cord longer than 18'. That has to be one of the biggest complaints since it was released with only 18'. I want the option to not have to back up to my garage door in order to charge. (Wall Connector is in the garage, cars is not)

Remember the Model 3 Key Fob? I bought one for $150. It was the same thing back then, out of stock most of the time. I finally got one, and shortly after that, they came out with an upgrade with passive entry for the same $150 price. I sold the old one on e-bay and got the new one.

So, maybe, just maybe they will "fix" the Gen 3 with the short cord. 24' maybe?