Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Outlet Type?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a used Tesla Roadster coming my way in a couple of weeks. I have an electrician coming out tomorrow. What is the outlet type I want to have him install to use the 240V wall adapter that comes with the Tesla Roadster? Is it a NEMA 14-50?

I have a used Tesla Roadster coming my way in a couple of weeks. I have an electrician coming out tomorrow. What is the outlet type I want to have him install to use the 240V wall adapter that comes with the Tesla Roadster? Is it a NEMA 14-50?

If you have a Tesla HPC charger (the kind that usually came with the car) you should install it with a 90A 220v connection directly to the unit. If you don't have that unit, you can easily use one of the Tesla mobile chargers with an adapter by Henri Sharp (Can adapter). You should set that up with 50A 220V so it can charge at 40A. I suggest that you purchase both of the Sharp adapters (Tesla to HPC and J1772 to HPC) so that you have many more options when on the road.