Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Street is....... What can we do to help Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://electrek.co/2019/01/23/tsla-tesla-wall-street-against-critical-time/

I am so tired of companies like Tesla and people like Elon trying to do right only to have entities like wall street try to do everything they can to halt or shut down their efforts.

I really and truly wonder what it is that we can do to help them. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Reactions: MagT and talels
Buy Teslas.

Get other people to buy Teslas.

Buy TSLA.

Hold it.

There are huge forces against Tesla.

But where Tesla is heading is inevitable.

So those against will lose.

Wall Street is truly wrong on Tesla. They want so bad for it to be some sort of house of cards. Some sort of theranos.

But Tesla is real. Simple great products connected to a great vision. I'll never buy a gas car again.

Wall Street needs to wake up to this fact.

And then make a ton of money betting on it.

But for now, Tesla represents a great opportunity for those that see it, and hold it, and make a real nice return in 10 years.

TSLA: Wall Street goes after Tesla at a critical time

I am so tired of companies like Tesla and people like Elon trying to do right only to have entities like wall street try to do everything they can to halt or shut down their efforts.

I really and truly wonder what it is that we can do to help them. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Answer is obvious - help increase sales by educating more people about EVs.

I bet 90% haven't heard about Tesla or think they can't get far in it or it's so expensive that it's unreachable - not spending any time on googling info on any of this... I know, because I was one of these people.

Getting more people to do test drives and discussing their charging concerns will definitely increase sales. We need to reach people who are not going to Tesla's stores, b/c those are on the right path already.

Somehow we need to reach people who otherwise would not inquire about/try Tesla out - friends, co-workers, anybody getting curious seeing your car in a parking lot.

There need to be some balance between being helpful and not super-intrusive, so maybe some discussion in this direction would help and also seeing if local Tesla clubs can coordinate the match-up between people interested in trying Tesla out and volunteers willing to spend time for demo/test drive - like coming over TO those interested.

My 2c.

One other thing:

Lobby your representatives to force the SEC to enforce short selling laws.

Those guys are getting away with so many shenanigans. It is totally out of control at this point.

I'm pretty sure in general stockholders in companies should not be allowed to lend out their ownership to be sold (I don't buy that this is essential or natural for the marketplace, but rather an artificial game designed by Wall Street as another way for them to squeeze money out of the market), but at least the government should enforce the rules around manipulating the stock price via FUD scams.

What would really be helpful is for another big player to jump in and provide financial backing for Tesla. Ellison has a big stake now. A Bill Gates / Warren Buffett type could really help the company. Anyone with a lot of money and desire to do good in the world could really help Tesla out. If they had someone to pay off the debt load and perhaps provide some money to help develop a way to produce the base M3 at a profit it would really help Tesla make over this "hump" in their history. I believe this final huddle big enough to sink the company. After this Tesla will be on sound footing IMO.

Reactions: Mhycki
Here is what you could do:

If you own shares in Tesla and you're in for the long haul, (1) you could ask your brokerage firm (broker-dealer or BD) to deliver the physical certificate to you. That means you are taking the cert out of 'street name'. When you buy stock in TSLA, your broker puts those shares in the name of the firm, or aka, 'street name' that goes into the account of Cede & Co. Short sellers call up the BD's trade desk and ask how many shares are available. This means "how many shares can I short today?" (2) if your shares are in a margin account, pay off the balance and get it off margin. You will know if you are on margin if you signed the margin loan agreement when you opened the account or if it says TYPE 2 on your statement. If there's no shares in the box they can't lend the stock to short. This means no shares on margin. BD's take your shares on margin and loan them out to short sellers to make interest and they make good money doing it.

In the old days, you could short stock without getting clearance or approval. You shorted and when the stock dropped, you covered and got paid. Very risky indeed but hedge funds did this until they abused it and got busted for what is known as a "naked short". When these short sellers get a hard on your stock and want to destroy it, they all jump in on the same trade. Watching the stock you love go down is pain, it's also destructive to a company's balance sheet. Covenants get broken and violated and interest payments get triggered and dilution and damn, that just feeds upon itself. Short selling is destructive and counterproductive, but not illegal. The idea is to take that leverage away from the shorts so they will need to buy in or cover their position. If everyone started to go off margin and take delivery of the cert, that will force a buy in and short sellers will be forced to cover..because they will get hit with that margin call and henceforth...the stock may rise if the news coming out from the company is generally positive. On the flip side, if the news coming out from the company is lousy none of this is going to help because you will get selling pressure. The best outcome is something along the lines of a Herbalife (HLF). It took 5 years to get Bill Ackman off that one. Carl Icahn (Uncle Carl) destroyed him with no mercy. He went long and Ackman went short. Ackman blew $1 billion shorting it and then he got his ass handed to him in the worst way.

FWIW, someone (short seller) is saying a break in technical support is near. See attached.

Capture.JPG

*Disclaimer: This was not investment advice. Discuss your financial plans with your professional.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbih