Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to return new Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it's not, op didn't even disclose the issue other than programming.
That could be a variety of things from the screen not functioning properly to him not liking the position of the apps or the layout of the controls.

He also hasn't given tesla a chance to "fix" the issue as he thinks it's unfixable, which makes me think he's just unhappy with some of the functions or lack thereof, rather than there being anything wrong with the car.

That goes without saying.

There is no such thing as returning a car as a Lemon without anything wrong with it. I think the OP wasn't pretty clear that there were problems that weren't fixable. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. If his "problems" fall within Florida's Lemon Law, return it. Simple.

Yeah, it's silly. Lemon law only applies when your vehicle does not function like it is supposed to. Bitching about Autopilot is a far-fetched argument for lemon law - as every other Tesla on the road functions the exact same way. "Working as designed" is not eligible for lemon law. "Not working as designed" and 3x attempting to fix it IS eligible for lemon law. ie. Door handles won't retract after repeated fix attempts.... grinding sound won't go away after repeated attempts to fix it... etc.

That might be the Lemon Law in Illinois, but Each State varies and each state has different levels of consumer protection.

In NJ 3 x fixing has nothing to do with the return (at least it wasn't in 2008).

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop
Easy to use lemon law on Tesla. If it's an AP2 hw car, just bring it back to "fix" the automatic wipers so that they work as described in the user manual. I seriously doubt they'll get it working in 20 days. Auto-wipers feature by the way did not come with the same "you will get it some time before the end of time" fine print as EAP or FSD, so you can't use the "it's coming soon" excuse.

Yeah, try it out and let me know how that works out for ya....

Can we find a label these folks that come on the forum with some ridiculous scenario that gets the owners worked up and spending their time posting helpful options only to never have the OP return and say what the heck they are talking about?

I seem to remember a Joe or someone coming on and doing the same thing about the service center defiling his car and eating cake in the back.

I'm not saying to censor these folks, but if people aren't willing to come back on and explain themselves.... then they are likely Russian trolls, and I'm gonna tell Zuckerberg on him.

Putin is trying to destroy Tesla so he can launch his new electric start up, I think the Russian car has cutting edge technology, complete with 3 Amp high speed charging on nights and weekends, and I hear that with a can of kerosene, it will also warm your borscht while drying your socks.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Can we find a label these folks that come on the forum with some ridiculous scenario that gets the owners worked up and spending their time posting helpful options only to never have the OP return and say what the heck they are talking about?

I seem to remember a Joe or someone coming on and doing the same thing about the service center defiling his car and eating cake in the back.

I'm not saying to censor these folks, but if people aren't willing to come back on and explain themselves.... then they are likely Russian trolls, and I'm gonna tell Zuckerberg on him.

It's been less than 12 hours! Golly gee willikers!

The OP wants to keep the post about options he has to return or recoup his money without getting sidetracked on all the possible mechanical things folks will suggest if he elaborates. I respect that.

Oh no, the Russians kidnapped @JHWJR !!!! Somebody get Seal Team 6 on the line, we have to get him back.

I'm just kidding... @JHWJR , also welcome back to @jeffro01... I hope the all the others are back too. Oktane, etc.

Hi Guys

hoping for some advice here.

I just took delivery of my new Tesla S 75 about 2 weeks ago and I'm really unhappy with it.

I won't go into the details as to what I'm unhappy about, but i want to return it to Tesla. It has 200 miles on it.

I've already been in touch with Tesla and they've offered to try and fix the problems which i know they won't be able to because they are part of the programming and they've also given me the whole bog standard we won't take it back line.

My question is, what do i do? I don't want to sell it privately because i will lose thousands and thousands of dollars including the $4000 in sales tax i already paid when i took delivery of it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
Let's try some counseling. What is it about the car that you don't like compared to what you expected. Please be specific.

• Funny
Reactions: buttershrimp
Op probably works for GM
This is how my GM works! $70,000 truck can’t read the temp correctly and GM corporate says, “you know that the sensor location for the weather app is different than your car.” Well guess what GM no *sugar*! But I can assure you that they are in the same region and the region isn’t 79 degrees it’s 113!!!! That’s from my GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali. Yes $70K for my truck that can’t read temperature! They say “drive for 20 minutes continuously” we’ll guess what I’d been driving for 40 min in Los Angeles traffic so bleeped bleep bleep bleep GM!
8677F139-82A3-4530-85AC-990360821847.jpeg

So I take it to my GM dealer and the brilliant tech changed the sun force and interior temp sensor. It’s the outside ambient temp sensor that’s the problem not the interior!!!!!!!

It does look awesome though so it’s got that going for it and it pulls our horse trailer with ease.
7D4542BD-C201-4FDA-82FD-33F30A0DE025.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: buttershrimp