Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want to return new Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is how my GM works! $70,000 truck can’t read the temp correctly and GM corporate says, “you know that the sensor location for the weather app is different than your car.” Well guess what GM no *sugar*! But I can assure you that they are in the same region and the region isn’t 79 degrees it’s 113!!!! That’s from my GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali. Yes $70K for my truck that can’t read temperature! They say “drive for 20 minutes continuously” we’ll guess what I’d been driving for 40 min in Los Angeles traffic so bleeped bleep bleep bleep GM!View attachment 249845

So I take it to my GM dealer and the brilliant tech changed the sun force and interior temp sensor. It’s the outside ambient temp sensor that’s the problem not the interior!!!!!!!

It does look awesome though so it’s got that going for it and it pulls our horse trailer with ease.
View attachment 249847
cool wheels! Vroooomumumumumum

Hi Guys

hoping for some advice here.

I just took delivery of my new Tesla S 75 about 2 weeks ago and I'm really unhappy with it.

I won't go into the details as to what I'm unhappy about, but i want to return it to Tesla. It has 200 miles on it.

I've already been in touch with Tesla and they've offered to try and fix the problems which i know they won't be able to because they are part of the programming and they've also given me the whole bog standard we won't take it back line.

My question is, what do i do? I don't want to sell it privately because i will lose thousands and thousands of dollars including the $4000 in sales tax i already paid when i took delivery of it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
Your story sounds like so many others.

:rolleyes:

I know a guy who buys cars on a whim. No research. He just wakes up on a Saturday, decides he wants a new car and visits a dealer. He picks-out a car on the lot based on color and price and wants to get out of there as quickly as possible so he can enjoy his new car. A few years ago, he bought a Chevy Cobalt. He was there all day doing paperwork and other "dealer" things. When he finally left, he was starving so he stopped at Wendy's drive through only to find-out that the car didn't have power windows. The next morning leaving for work in the dark, he learned that the car didn't have remote unlock so he had to fiddle with the keys in the dark to unlock the door. He was unhappy with the car.

The dealer took the car back the next day (only had maybe 40 miles on it), but they RAPED him on the replacement car. He ended up with a Chevy Aveo that was much smaller and cheaper for the same price but it had power windows and locks, which was all he cared about at that point. He was happy again for about 2 days until he realized how crappy that car was.

Bottom line: They took it back, but at a cost.

Calling another forum member a troll is a personal attack and against the terms of service. You have been warned.

That said, joining the forum just to lob in a vague complaint with an inflammatory thread title isn't terribly credible. Unless the OP comes forward to explain his reasons for wanting to return the car I wouldn't waste any more time responding.

Obviously test drives are very important. I was able to have a Model S overnight to get a fair assessment of the Tesla experience.

I'm guessing that the OP is a troll, otherwise he or she would have stated the problems.

Why do they need to fit your criteria to be legitimate?

The post has been up less than 24hrs, maybe the OP only Internets once a day?

Regardless, from their original post:

"I won't go into the details as to what I'm unhappy about, but i want to return it to Tesla."

They are not going to give the reasons that they don't like it. Their reasons are their own, and do not require validation.

"I've already been in touch with Tesla and they've offered to try and fix the problems which i know they won't be able to because they are part of the programming and they've also given me the whole bog standard we won't take it back line."

OP has no confidence that their dislikes can be addressed.
OP states that Tesla offered to try and fix the problems. That seems positive toward Tesla.

"My question is, what do i do?"

OP has posted what they are looking for. Is there a way to proceed? If so what is it?

"Any advice would be appreciated."

ASSUMPTION: OP means advice constrained by the previous statements.

OP has not said anything against the car or Tesla other than they are unhappy with it. How is that trolling?

@Doug_G : Unless you modified the title, how is "Want to return new Tesla" inflammatory?

There have been many new people come to TMC and post something similar, that the MS/MX didn't live up to their "luxury car" expectations, compared to top of the line BMW or Mercedes. While the costs are similar, the MS/MX are NOT "luxury cars" by those standards. One person flew off the handle because the voice commands didn't work as well as his other "luxury cars" and the Tesla didn't have all those other bells and whistles and plush interior options. I can't find the post, but it was a litany of really pretty insignificant things to most of us, but to him, they added up to "I just don't want this car anymore", failing to realize that the MS/MX is the best freaking car on the planet. Nope, he wanted all the luxuries he was accustomed to and really couldn't care less that it was a super-high performance, zero-emissions, BEV. You just can't please all the people all the time.

Reactions: playoutside
Without appropriate details the thread title is click-bait.

Gotta disagree here.
"Want to return new Tesla" is a statement of a person's desire.
Without details, it may be boring, uninsightful, annoying, anti-climactic, frustrating, or lame. But other than not meeting the reader's desires, how is it misleading or "content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page." Dictionary.com "something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest " Merriam Webster.com?

OP wants to return Tesla, makes a post that says "Want to return Tesla". In the post says, I want to return Tesla, how can I do that? Seems consistent to me.

People want to be helpful and fix the issues that the OP has with the car, and that is nice of them, but that was not OP's request or desire. A few have said the only known route is Lemon Law, which does address the OP's question.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box, but I've potentially been in a similar position to the OP on a different topic, so I can relate to where they may be coming from (or I'm over-identifying).

Reactions: Incredulocious
Gotta disagree here.
"Want to return new Tesla" is a statement of a person's desire.
Without details, it may be boring, uninsightful, annoying, anti-climactic, frustrating, or lame. But other than not meeting the reader's desires, how is it misleading or "content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page." Dictionary.com "something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest " Merriam Webster.com?

OP wants to return Tesla, makes a post that says "Want to return Tesla". In the post says, I want to return Tesla, how can I do that? Seems consistent to me.

People want to be helpful and fix the issues that the OP has with the car, and that is nice of them, but that was not OP's request or desire. A few have said the only known route is Lemon Law, which does address the OP's question.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box, but I've potentially been in a similar position to the OP on a different topic, so I can relate to where they may be coming from (or I'm over-identifying).

At face value and technically you are absolutely right.

However there is an expectation that he will provide some information as to why he would want to return new Tesla. Wanting to return a new Tesla or any new car so soon is not normal. By saying and asking how without providing more information I feel is clickbait.

A friend of mine purchased a Jaguar. Got an awesome end of year closeout deal on a previous years model. Drove it home, happy as a clam. It wouldn't make it over the hump in his driveway (my coil spring s100 won't either). Crawled back to the dealer. They took it back. He paid window sticker plus dealer accessories on a new model SUV from them as part of the "deal".

Hi Guys

hoping for some advice here.

I just took delivery of my new Tesla S 75 about 2 weeks ago and I'm really unhappy with it.

I won't go into the details as to what I'm unhappy about, but i want to return it to Tesla. It has 200 miles on it.

I've already been in touch with Tesla and they've offered to try and fix the problems which i know they won't be able to because they are part of the programming and they've also given me the whole bog standard we won't take it back line.

My question is, what do i do? I don't want to sell it privately because i will lose thousands and thousands of dollars including the $4000 in sales tax i already paid when i took delivery of it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Sell it to me!

PM me with the VIN and asking price.

Or maybe arrange to have the car stolen and make your insurance claim for theft. It's insured, right?

Last edited:
Whether or not OP is real is unknown but just something to remember: new members are on moderation, so they don't have real-time posting. Their posts wait until moderator approves them.

The OP was here a day ago. We shall see if they return. If this is a fake poster, it is a terrible one - nothing really hurtful in it at all. :D

While we're waiting for OP to respond, I'll just throw this out there for conversation sake. If Tesla insists on calling their sales locations as "stores" and not "dealerships", (and I've noticed some members here really try to make that point clear, like Texas EV often does), then why can't people return their "products"? After all, pretty much any stores where you can buy your "products", you can return them.

Many have tried to answer the OP's question. However, as others have pointed out, we can't without context.
Many possibilities have been suggested. The Lemon Law is one, but doesn't apply here as the OP indicates he hasn't let Tesla even try to fix whatever the problem is.
People have taken some shots in the dark to try to help. But without knowing more the OPs question can't be answered.

While we're waiting for OP to respond, I'll just throw this out there for conversation sake. If Tesla insists on calling their sales locations as "stores" and not "dealerships", (and I've noticed some members here really try to make that point clear, like Texas EV often does), then why can't people return their "products"? After all, pretty much any stores where you can buy your "products", you can return them.

Less so with special orders. And many times returns on those involve a restocking fee which may be 25% or more...

Stores don't mean you can return products. The big box stores might have that policy, but many smaller stores have strict no returns because they can't afford to support that (esp. a full price return). And if it's a special order and not in inventory, the chances of a return are even slimmer, especially if the product has been used for 2 weeks already (rather than unopened).