Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: Dead MCUs and Various Connectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dr. Smoke

My former name was Edmond. Before that, Quantum`.
Oct 26, 2016
Edmonds, Washington
The Media Control Unit is the 17" center screen. I don't need the screen itself, but if you have old backs for it I'd like to look at them. Just for my morbid curiosity.

Also looking for the connectors in-line with the rear camera. One pair is at the upper-left of the hatchback, and the other pair is in the driver's footwell on the left. All of these plugs and jacks are light orange in color. And I'd like as much cable with these as you can manage.

I also need the emergency responders' cut-loop, which is under the frunk on passenger's side, up by the bulkhead.

Also looking for the connectors in-line with the rear camera. One pair is at the upper-left of the hatchback, and the other pair is in the driver's footwell on the left. All of these plugs and jacks are light orange in color. And I'd like as much cable with these as you can manage.

I don't know about newer cars, but all the cars I've seen, the rear camera connectors are blue FAKRA connectors (see below).

You can buy the camera cables new directly from Tesla.

upload_2017-12-31_7-34-6.png

Good to know, thanks Hank.

Although, be advised that these are called 'HSD' connectors. (High Speed Data) Everyone calls them FAKRA because somebody messed up early-on. (and I think I know who) I guess this will make some here mad, but FAKRA connectors are instead the RF co-ax connectors used for GPS, WiFi, etc:

snap.jpg

Reminds me of the phone haqxors who early-n started calling their modified software a "ROM". Well it is not a ROM, and it doesn't even go in a ROM. It is 'firmware', which goes into flash memory. But it's too late now. This is the future we have to look forward to. Darwin called these 'mutations', but these are examples of maladaptive mutations.

I can't seem to find anyone who is selling parts these days. I was the first to part out a Tesla here (as Edmond), and I always responded quickly and reliably. Where have all the good parts guys gone?

Although, be advised that these are called 'HSD' connectors. (High Speed Data) Everyone calls them FAKRA because somebody messed up early-on.

Yup, I was just going by what people on TMC have been calling them, since they are apparently difficult to source.

Reminds me of the phone haqxors who early-n started calling their modified software a "ROM".

Yeah, I remember that too.

Hey Hank, I believe you were the one who found that high-res rear cameras work on older model S'?

I asked Tesla parts about this the other day and they said that cameras from 2016-7 Teslas will not work on a 2015. This seems implausible. Have you found otherwise? The newer ones are ~$76 here.