Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: Model 3/Y pedestrian warning speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was built at a time where all the necessary hardware for the speaker was there (just no speaker). So to answer your question, yes the added speaker works. I just wanted to know what size screws worked for it, and I think I found them.
How do you know if your car came with the hardware? I have seen some TM3s that have the place for the speaker to be mounted, does that mean that the sound generator is there? Is there a wire to hook it up?
Yes if the car has the speaker grill then most likely it has the wire hookup for the speaker. If you turn your wheel all the way to the left and take the wheel well liner tabs out (I believe it’s 3-4). Peel the liner back and look up and the cable should be there taped up.

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
Yes if the car has the speaker grill then most likely it has the wire hookup for the speaker. If you turn your wheel all the way to the left and take the wheel well liner tabs out (I believe it’s 3-4). Peel the liner back and look up and the cable should be there taped up.

Do you guys know where speaker grill would be found? Also, would your car still get the horn update? Mine didn't receive any updates yet.

Reactions: Cyclegamer
Do you guys know where speaker grill would be found? Also, would your car still get the horn update? Mine didn't receive any updates yet.
I haven’t received the update so I don’t know if Boombox will be accessible when I get it. However the reverse and forward sound is working after a reset using the scroll wheels. The car recognized the speaker. What year and month was ur car built?