TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wanted to buy Model S P85D or P90D

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by JayTee, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Dilz

Dilz Member

I just picked up a 2015 P90DL with 12xxx kms, with most options 3 days ago... panoramic roof with sunroof, power t/gate, upgraded sound, autopilot, next gem seats etc.... from Teslas used area... got 4 yrs /80,000kms and 8 year's unlimited on the drivetrain and batteries. Included a service, with brake fluid changeover.

2. JayTee

JayTee Member

Is there much difference between a Jan 2018 75D and a Oct 2018 75D? Apart from the screen being updated and a bit faster? Tossing up between 2 cars at the moment and trying to decide pros and cons of each.

3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Newer is usually better, Tesla quietly improves things all the time with no way of knowing what or when.
    People have noticed improvements in NVH over time, with no change in model or year.

Having said that, there probably won't be much different between the cars. Faster screen is nice enough, but my 2016 car is fast enough with V9.

4. JayTee

JayTee Member

I noticed Tesla has cut the inventory car prices quite a lot yesterday on1st December. The 2 x P100D cars went from 215k to 196k which is massive and the 75D car went from 137k to 131k.

Would this be becasue 2018 is drawing to a close and they want to clear 2018 cars?
    Do Tesla normally have promotions this time of year and whats the chances of the deals getting better by waiting? (Free Supercharging etc)

5. GDA8

GDA8 New Member

Be quick before sold! I will take one if I didn't buy 75d months ago.

6. baillies

baillies Member

Not sure but at least 2 reasons would be

1- new shipment arriving so they want to move the old cars
    2- usual end of quarter wanting to have as little inventory to maximise profit for quarter reporting.

They could get cheaper at the end of the month but they may also sell before then.

Note they sometimes have stock that is not on the website so worth checking in a store if you are interested in getting one.

7. Tension

Tension Member

Definitely AP1, but likely has the new HEPA air filter. It's one of the small selection that came out after the facelift but before AP2 hardware.
    Also no L mode, but you can pay the ~10k (i think?) for the hardware upgrade if you really want (unless they're not offering that anymore...).

8. JayTee

JayTee Member

I did actually go and look at that car, it looked ok but the solid metal roof really spoils the look imo compared to the all glass or panoramic option. Still seems like a good deal but I can get a brand new P75D with full warranty for the same money. I think I will try and find a AP2 car (oct 2016 or newer I think?)

I drove a P100D the other week and it was amazing. The 195k inventory car at tesla is super tempting. Im on the lookout for a 2017 P90DL or P100D with less than 30k and will up my original budget for the right car but there is none for sale at the moment.

9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Two things:
    1. Time is your friend. The top-spec cars depreciate pretty fast, so longer you spend looking the less you'll pay.
    2. Worry less about mileage. EVs are less affected by mileage than ICE cars. They might get 1,000,000 kms.

10. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

They may get to 1 million kms @ShockOnT but I would avoid anything with more than 704,000kms....

image.jpg

• Funny x 2
  11. Tension

Tension Member

I'm sure it's just a type, but that's an S75D, not a P75D :p
    In a few years I'll be looking to trade up to something very similar to mine but with the P, just for the extra punch. @ShockOnT is right, the P's depreciate faster, so you won't have to wait long ;)

12. Jamest

Jamest New Member

No hepa on that one, or premium upgrades package (manual boot and no fog lamps)

• Informative x 2