Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted to buy Model S P85D or P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up a 2015 P90DL with 12xxx kms, with most options 3 days ago... panoramic roof with sunroof, power t/gate, upgraded sound, autopilot, next gem seats etc.... from Teslas used area... got 4 yrs /80,000kms and 8 year's unlimited on the drivetrain and batteries. Included a service, with brake fluid changeover.

Is there much difference between a Jan 2018 75D and a Oct 2018 75D? Apart from the screen being updated and a bit faster? Tossing up between 2 cars at the moment and trying to decide pros and cons of each.
Newer is usually better, Tesla quietly improves things all the time with no way of knowing what or when.
People have noticed improvements in NVH over time, with no change in model or year.

Having said that, there probably won't be much different between the cars. Faster screen is nice enough, but my 2016 car is fast enough with V9.

I noticed Tesla has cut the inventory car prices quite a lot yesterday on1st December. The 2 x P100D cars went from 215k to 196k which is massive and the 75D car went from 137k to 131k.

Would this be becasue 2018 is drawing to a close and they want to clear 2018 cars?
Do Tesla normally have promotions this time of year and whats the chances of the deals getting better by waiting? (Free Supercharging etc)

I noticed Tesla has cut the inventory car prices quite a lot yesterday on1st December. The 2 x P100D cars went from 215k to 196k which is massive and the 75D car went from 137k to 131k.

Would this be becasue 2018 is drawing to a close and they want to clear 2018 cars?
Do Tesla normally have promotions this time of year and whats the chances of the deals getting better by waiting? (Free Supercharging etc)
Not sure but at least 2 reasons would be

1- new shipment arriving so they want to move the old cars
2- usual end of quarter wanting to have as little inventory to maximise profit for quarter reporting.

They could get cheaper at the end of the month but they may also sell before then.

Note they sometimes have stock that is not on the website so worth checking in a store if you are interested in getting one.

Thoughts on this one?
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...6387384?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-16387384
P90D with 22k on it. Has Autopilot but otherwise no options. Looked at it yesterday its at easyauto123 at seven hills. Looked ok but they didint know anything about it, Ap1 I think but they didnt know. Cheapest P90D for sale in Australia was all they could tell me. Its for sale at $138500 listed onnthe car itself.

Definitely AP1, but likely has the new HEPA air filter. It's one of the small selection that came out after the facelift but before AP2 hardware.
Also no L mode, but you can pay the ~10k (i think?) for the hardware upgrade if you really want (unless they're not offering that anymore...).

I did actually go and look at that car, it looked ok but the solid metal roof really spoils the look imo compared to the all glass or panoramic option. Still seems like a good deal but I can get a brand new P75D with full warranty for the same money. I think I will try and find a AP2 car (oct 2016 or newer I think?)

I drove a P100D the other week and it was amazing. The 195k inventory car at tesla is super tempting. Im on the lookout for a 2017 P90DL or P100D with less than 30k and will up my original budget for the right car but there is none for sale at the moment.

I did actually go and look at that car, it looked ok but the solid metal roof really spoils the look imo compared to the all glass or panoramic option. Still seems like a good deal but I can get a brand new P75D with full warranty for the same money. I think I will try and find a AP2 car (oct 2016 or newer I think?)

I drove a P100D the other week and it was amazing. The 195k inventory car at tesla is super tempting. Im on the lookout for a 2017 P90DL or P100D with less than 30k and will up my original budget for the right car but there is none for sale at the moment.
Two things:
1. Time is your friend. The top-spec cars depreciate pretty fast, so longer you spend looking the less you'll pay.
2. Worry less about mileage. EVs are less affected by mileage than ICE cars. They might get 1,000,000 kms.

They may get to 1 million kms @ShockOnT but I would avoid anything with more than 704,000kms....

image.jpg

Two things:
1. Time is your friend. The top-spec cars depreciate pretty fast, so longer you spend looking the less you'll pay.
2. Worry less about mileage. EVs are less affected by mileage than ICE cars. They might get 1,000,000 kms.

I'm sure it's just a type, but that's an S75D, not a P75D :p
In a few years I'll be looking to trade up to something very similar to mine but with the P, just for the extra punch. @ShockOnT is right, the P's depreciate faster, so you won't have to wait long ;)

Definitely AP1, but likely has the new HEPA air filter. It's one of the small selection that came out after the facelift but before AP2 hardware.
Also no L mode, but you can pay the ~10k (i think?) for the hardware upgrade if you really want (unless they're not offering that anymore...).
No hepa on that one, or premium upgrades package (manual boot and no fog lamps)

Enjoy driving it and drive it you must.

Eventually second hand Tesla buyers will realise that high K's is far less relevant when purchasing an EV - less moving parts/software upgradable, no exhaust/ almost no fluids etc; hence less servicing requirements. I've owned several high performance cars (Ferraris) where K's are critical to resale value. With Tesla high K's aren't irrelevant, but far less of an issue, so drive and enjoy it JayTee.