Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

warped keys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having real difficulty understanding why so many people are getting so wound up about this. Just let Tesla do what they want to do. I'm not wasting any more time on this subject! LOL

You were the one implying that's not good customer service ...

To quote: "Eternally grateful none of you are working in customer service in my business! LOL"

I pride myself on being there for my customers, day in and day out. Part of what I do is sales, part of what I do is engineering, and part of what I do is customer support. So I'm just trying to see things from the customer (i.e. your) perspective - what about what I said would make my suggestion a failure in your business?

That's all -- no more and no less. It's certainly not personal, and not an attack at all -- just really want to understand how/why that would be seen as a customer service failure (especially given I've done very similar things for my customers in the past.)

Reactions: rpiotro
You were the one implying that's not good customer service ...

To quote: "Eternally grateful none of you are working in customer service in my business! LOL"

I pride myself on being there for my customers, day in and day out. Part of what I do is sales, part of what I do is engineering, and part of what I do is customer support. So I'm just trying to see things from the customer (i.e. your) perspective - what about what I said would make my suggestion a failure in your business?

That's all -- no more and no less. It's certainly not personal, and not an attack at all -- just really want to understand how/why that would be seen as a customer service failure (especially given I've done very similar things for my customers in the past.)
I owe you the curtesy of a reply...I never said delivering by courier was a customer service failure! I said that as far as I was concerned, Tesla delivering by hand was a customer service WIN. I was shot down with talk of wasting time and all our costs would go up having rangers doing hand deliveries. I have, for customer service, crossed continents to hand deliver things. Customers love it and appreciate it. That is worth spending a few extra dollars on a hand delivery IMO.

I owe you the curtesy of a reply...I never said delivering by courier was a customer service failure! I said that as far as I was concerned, Tesla delivering by hand was a customer service WIN. I was shot down with talk of wasting time and all our costs would go up having rangers doing hand deliveries. I have, for customer service, crossed continents to hand deliver things. Customers love it and appreciate it. That is worth spending a few extra dollars on a hand delivery IMO.
How much is it worth in the inverse when customers who need mobile service can't get it, because a bunch of appointments are taken up by technicians acting as couriers?

About 50% of the service threads on this forum involve people who can't get a timely mobile service call, yet here we've got people asking Tesla to send a tech to solve a purely cosmetic and incredibly minor issue.

How much is it worth in the inverse when customers who need mobile service can't get it, because a bunch of appointments are taken up by technicians acting as couriers?

About 50% of the service threads on this forum involve people who can't get a timely mobile service call, yet here we've got people asking Tesla to send a tech to solve a purely cosmetic and incredibly minor issue
I am not asking anyone to do anything. I am merely stating that TESLA will decide what they want to do in this case! I have repeated this ad nauseum. If Tesla OFFER to hand deliver then I would accept it. I certainly wouldn't demand it.

It is more than a few extra dollars to roll a service truck vs mail or FedEx. And time! In a busy service center that "hand delivery" would go into a queue and it may very well take longer to get the end result. Would you put them ahead of the customer whose car would not start for example? And for a non-critical part to boot. It is not like a battery replacement for their pacemaker. How would that be good customer service in your mind?

Your solution simply does not make sense on many levels. Sorry if you are offended by this but I have been in customer sales/service for decades and have bent over backwards for customers. For the life of me can't believe any customer would be offended if told them "you will have your replacement cards tomorrow."

It is more than a few extra dollars to roll a service truck vs mail or FedEx. And time! In a busy service center that "hand delivery" would go into a queue and it may very well take longer to get the end result. Would you put them ahead of the customer whose car would not start for example? And for a non-critical part to boot. It is not like a battery replacement for their pacemaker. How would that be good customer service in your mind?

Your solution simply does not make sense on many levels. Sorry if you are offended by this but I have been in customer sales/service for decades and have bent over backwards for customers. For the life of me can't believe any customer would be offended if told them "you will have your replacement cards tomorrow."
Yeah I'm sensing you think I care if Tesla send the keys out by hand or via courier?! I don't and never professed to care about what Tesla decides to do. I am saying...and ALL I have said...is that Tesla will make the call as to what THEY see fit as doing. I, as a customer, would be happy to receive by hand if Tesla WANT to do that. I would not say No! For me that would be great customer service! If they decided to send by courier, I would be just as happy. I never had a solution...it's not mine to make...I was merely suggesting that a hand delivery would be great customer service. That is unarguable in any customer service pro's book! As for a customer being offended...where did that come from? Actually don't worry about answering that! This has gone on for way too long already! I'm happy for Tesla to make the call for what THEY see fit as great customer service!