Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

warped keys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why wouldn't he want that? I would totally use this service if it were available...perhaps the guy lives 50 miles from a SC or something...

How about "Can you drop two in an envelope for me?" Would be a 55-cent cost instead of a ~$100 service dispatch.

Using a mobile service technician as a keycard courier (ESPECIALLY when the current ones work - just ugly) seems to be about the most wasteful, inefficient thing I can think of!

I've never thought of great customer service as being wasteful...

... but you wonder why it takes weeks to get an appointment? Using limited resources appropriately is great customer service, not wasting time and energy on nonsense that could be solved with a $.55 stamp.

Add me to the list of warped key cards upon delivery. I noticed immediately when I picked up my M3 from the SC and walked in to tell them. They ended up giving me 2 new key cards and let me keep the warped ones, which I'll use for valet or something like that.

... but you wonder why it takes weeks to get an appointment? Using limited resources appropriately is great customer service, not wasting time and energy on nonsense that could be solved with a $.55 stamp.
Yeah, I'm surprised no one previously thought of just mentioning them mailing it or even using another courier if faster turnaround is desired. The technician's time is worth much more than serving as a courier.

Reactions: rpiotro
Eternally grateful none of you are working in customer service in my business! LOL

I fail to see how “Oh, those look terrible! So sorry - tell you what, I’ve got two of them right here, I’ll mail them out right now; you should have them within a day or two. If yours stop working before that, just let me know and we’ll figure it out.” would be anything less than excellent customer service?

I fail to see how “Oh, those look terrible! So sorry - tell you what, I’ve got two of them right here, I’ll mail them out right now; you should have them within a day or two. If yours stop working before that, just let me know and we’ll figure it out.” would be anything less than excellent customer service?
Having real difficulty understanding why so many people are getting so wound up about this. Just let Tesla do what they want to do. I'm not wasting any more time on this subject! LOL