Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN115281773, 2021 Model S (Blue, 19", FSD), Order Date: 07-10-21, Current Estimated Delivery: December 17 - December 31 (Changed from 12/16 -12/31 yesterday, 12/15 - 12/31 day before, was previously 12/11/-12/31 for several weeks. Received call today, from SODO center asking about any days that I might not be available to pick-up during the current delivery window. Advised that no VIN has presently been assigned. Previously changed purchase from some financing to full payment in hope of expediting delivery. Fingers crossed.
Got a text 2 hours ago telling me that my car may arrive soon and whether or not I can take delivery in Dec (EDD was Dec 31- Jan 28).

Hopefully they didn’t pass it off to another because I didn’t respond to it for an hour 🤔

I don’t have a VIN though, so strange.

Got a text 2 hours ago telling me that my car may arrive soon and whether or not I can take delivery in Dec (EDD was Dec 31- Jan 28).

Hopefully they didn’t pass it off to another because I didn’t respond to it for an hour 🤔

I don’t have a VIN though, so strange.
That is great news, I am sure they would not release your vehicle after missing text by an hour.

That is great news, I am sure they would not release your vehicle after missing text by an hour.
So the drama continues with Tesla and their severe misunderstanding of what Customer service really means.

I apparently responded after the person left for the day, and now that individual is off today. No one else knows the status which makes no sense to me. This person texted from the main number which apparently is shared by various SAs so it’s a total mystery what the heck is actually going on.

What a cliffhanger…..

So the drama continues with Tesla and their severe misunderstanding of what Customer service really means.

I apparently responded after the person left for the day, and now that individual is off today. No one else knows the status which makes no sense to me. This person texted from the main number which apparently is shared by various SAs so it’s a total mystery what the heck is actually going on.

What a cliffhanger…..
Keep after it, someone there has to be able to respond to the message your SA left you. Sorry to hear that the horrible communication problem that Tesla has continues. I responded recently to a Tesla feedback request on what is good and bad to improve things, and I gave them an earful on their persistent communication problem.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Got a call from an SA at the Renton SC this afternoon, asking if a car matching my configuration were to become available, would I accept it. Told him I do not want a car that someone else rejected, I'd rather wait for a fresh one. I don't know how much I believe this, but he said I should have a car before the end of the year.

His last question was whether I would consider upgrading to a Plaid, which I could get right away. That was a hard no, sticking with the MS LR.

Got a call from an SA at the Renton SC this afternoon, asking if a car matching my configuration were to become available, would I accept it. Told him I do not want a car that someone else rejected, I'd rather wait for a fresh one. I don't know how much I believe this, but he said I should have a car before the end of the year.

His last question was whether I would consider upgrading to a Plaid, which I could get right away. That was a hard no, sticking with the MS LR.
Be careful. There are a lot of 2021s in inventory right now.

What a cliffhanger…..

I got call too like hour ago, that by end of year if i am going anywhere or any instructions for them or if i cant make it. I said my EDD starts tomorrow and i am available everyday . But he didn’t offer me any plaid . Only asked about my availability until end of the year.

Reactions: Davidrun2B
I got call too like hour ago, that by end of year if i am going anywhere or any instructions for them or if i cant make it. I said my EDD starts tomorrow and i am available everyday . But he didn’t offer me any plaid . Only asked about my availability until end of the year.
Interesting. Sounds like they maybe anticipating delivery for you all before year end.

There are 15 Plaids in inventory still in PDX and Seattle. Down from 17 this morning. Curious to see if all will be gone by end of the year (even the 2021s).

What a cliffhanger…..
Dont worry you will get it by end of this year, they just calling or texting to see if you going anywhere for rest of the year, maybe they expecting cars coming in thats why making sure. Guy had Day off today but will be back.

Reactions: Davidrun2B
Interesting. Sounds like they maybe anticipating delivery for you all before year end.

There are 15 Plaids in inventory still in PDX and Seattle. Down from 17 this morning. Curious to see if all will be gone by end of the year (even the 2021s).
Yup hoping so, lets see 15 more days left. Waited months, can wait more.

Dont worry you will get it by end of this year, they just calling or texting to see if you going anywhere for rest of the year, maybe they expecting cars coming in thats why making sure. Guy had Day off today but will be back.
Hilariously bad. The guy that texted me took the next day off. I guess he texted me at 4:44 and then left at 5pm so never got my message. The issue is that these text messages all go through some centralized system, so I get messages from the same number but from different people. For example, Kevin, who texted me from that number isn't my SA (Hope), and Hope didn't know anything about the message that Kevin sent me.

The next day (yesterday), I called up Tesla Bellevue and they told me that they would have Kevin reach back out to me. of course, Kevin, is out yesterday, so no call or text.

Today, I called up Tesla to find out what the heck is going on and the person on the phone said that they see the delivery set for Jan 16th and that he has no idea what the rep that texted me was talking about. "Perhaps something came up and he wanted to match you to it".

Giving me 15 min to make that decision over text sounds like trying to bid for a Super Bowl ticket.

Good news, I guess is that the person was actually able to pinpoint Jan 16th. The bad news is that this is not "Dec" as Kevin stated, and the fact that I'm out the last week of January. If it's delayed further, i'm in trouble.

What a fiasco.

Hilariously bad. The guy that texted me took the next day off. I guess he texted me at 4:44 and then left at 5pm so never got my message. The issue is that these text messages all go through some centralized system, so I get messages from the same number but from different people. For example, Kevin, who texted me from that number isn't my SA (Hope), and Hope didn't know anything about the message that Kevin sent me.

The next day (yesterday), I called up Tesla Bellevue and they told me that they would have Kevin reach back out to me. of course, Kevin, is out yesterday, so no call or text.

Today, I called up Tesla to find out what the heck is going on and the person on the phone said that they see the delivery set for Jan 16th and that he has no idea what the rep that texted me was talking about. "Perhaps something came up and he wanted to match you to it".

Giving me 15 min to make that decision over text sounds like trying to bid for a Super Bowl ticket.

Good news, I guess is that the person was actually able to pinpoint Jan 16th. The bad news is that this is not "Dec" as Kevin stated, and the fact that I'm out the last week of January. If it's delayed further, i'm in trouble.

What a fiasco.
Sorry to hear about your recent horrible experience. Glad that they at least pin pointed a date for your delivery. Hope that it is completed with no further glitches.

Reactions: jebinc