Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this is white exterior and black interior. I get confused since the white interior is listed as “black and white interior”.

I would also assume that if there are orders for a white/white in CA at this point, Tesla would just give it to them to increase quarterly revenue.

I’m hoping for a VIN around the first week of Jan, when the company has plenty of time to make up for giving me a $79k MS.
Yes this is white/black and price is $20K more then original reserved for . I bet this will be gone soon.

This morning's updates, hope it all works out in the new year.

And

Appreciate the communication at least. Sharing here so others aren't surprised to see similar.
It’s good to see comms but based on my experiences and what others have been repeatedly commenting on, there’s a significant problem with trust in what any Tesla employee says regarding any delivery times.

Totally sucks for all of you who were assigned a car after months of vague communication or even misinformation, only to have it given to someone else because of weather. Perhaps I’m naive, but is that how other auto manufacturers do it? I’m probably jaded and thinking that this is just another effort to maximize quarterly revenue at the expense of those waiting.

I really really hope that they do actually put you in front of the line instead of another delay for some other reason.

It’s good to see comms but based on my experiences and what others have been repeatedly commenting on, there’s a significant problem with trust in what any Tesla employee says regarding any delivery times.

Totally sucks for all of you who were assigned a car after months of vague communication or even misinformation, only to have it given to someone else because of weather. Perhaps I’m naive, but is that how other auto manufacturers do it? I’m probably jaded and thinking that this is just another effort to maximize quarterly revenue at the expense of those waiting.

I really really hope that they do actually put you in front of the line instead of another delay for some other reason.
Thats what i am worried about, since VIN assigned, delivery date changed once and in this weather have nothing else to do to keep myself busy and not to over think about tesla, dont know what to do. If i drive up to renton then going to get same answer that i already know. Weather sucks too. Or for me now waiting is hard😂🤣.

Hey all, new to this thread. I have a Model X on order that was suppose to be delivered this week and the VIN got unassigned from me last night, called this morning and was told that they couldn't get it here due to weather as well and is giving my car to another customer 😭 I am seeing this is the case for some members here and wanted to just add another data point.

Unsure what I do with the financing that I already have... I have the check from the bank in hand and the down payment ready to go...

Hey all, new to this thread. I have a Model X on order that was suppose to be delivered this week and the VIN got unassigned from me last night, called this morning and was told that they couldn't get it here due to weather as well and is giving my car to another customer 😭 I am seeing this is the case for some members here and wanted to just add another data point.

What do I do with the financing that I already have? I have the check from the bank in hand and the down payment ready to go...
You scaring me now 🥲. Now i will refresh app more. Thats sad news

Unsure what I do with the financing that I already have... I have the check from the bank in hand and the down payment ready to go...
Sounds like it means that any car built now until the end of the year will be reserved for CA residents. Not saying that weather isn’t a factor but it’s seems like a convenient way to ensure maximum delivery for the quarter. I mean, why would Tesla assign a VIN now for an order that won’t be paid for until early Jan?

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Sounds like it means that any car built now until the end of the year will be reserved for CA residents. Not saying that weather isn’t a factor but it’s seems like a convenient way to ensure
Sounds like it means that any car built now until the end of the year will be reserved for CA residents. Not saying that weather isn’t a factor but it’s seems like a convenient way to ensure maximum delivery for the quarter. I mean, why would Tesla assign a VIN now for an order that won’t be paid for until early Jan?

maximum delivery for the quarter. I mean, why would Tesla assign
Hard to understand, i totally get it that weather is bad, but it didn’t mean that no trucks coming to Washington state. Checked Shasta pass conditions, almost my 50% friends drive semi trucks to California and they are still working . Its just end of quarter sale.

Also interesting that many people get texts asking if they are interested in going Plaid. I’m wondering why I haven’t gotten this text but then also wonder what that conversation would look like.

SA - I know you’ve been waiting 7 months but wanted to let you know of this mouthwatering opportunity to get a car today.
Me - what? Really? I’m all ears!
SA - there’s a Plaid available right now, and it could be yours for only $150k. It’s only 50% more than your current car.

• Funny
Also interesting that many people get texts asking if they are interested in going Plaid. I’m wondering why I haven’t gotten this text but then also wonder what that conversation would look like.

SA - I know you’ve been waiting 7 months but wanted to let you know of this mouthwatering opportunity to get a car today.
Me - what? Really? I’m all ears!
SA - there’s a Plaid available right now, and it could be yours for only $150k. It’s only 50% more than your current car.
And your answer will be ?

Sorry to see I am not the only one. Sick of the EDD changes when we approach our EDD dates. Tesla has a serious communication problem. I will be calling Tesla today to vent my frustration. I am so very sick and tired of being jerked around.
Well, I called Tesla yesterday to discuss my EDD situation. My SA has been out of office for last two weeks so unable to talk to him. The person I talked to gave me zero hope that things would improve for me going forward and even warned that additional EDD delays may be forthcoming. This nightmare continues with little hope that I will get my car in the near future. Sorry for the downer, but that's the facts as I was told yesterday.

Washington's always had a particularly rough end of quarter experience. We had a M3P order last year around this time that kept getting pushed, eventually we just canceled once we were punted to the end of the following quarter for it.

Most of us get "Tesla delivery experience amnesia" soon after getting our cars, it's a great product, but a bummer we seem to get hit especially hard with this in Seattle.

On the positive, it does sound like once you have made your final payment if you had a scheduled delivery and they pull your VIN, they really do want to get you into a car ASAP, probably to avoid messing up financing for people or questions about escrow or interest on the ACH transactions, etc. Will see.

Washington's always had a particularly rough end of quarter experience. We had a M3P order last year around this time that kept getting pushed, eventually we just canceled once we were punted to the end of the following quarter for it.

Most of us get "Tesla delivery experience amnesia" soon after getting our cars, it's a great product, but a bummer we seem to get hit especially hard with this in Seattle.

On the positive, it does sound like once you have made your final payment if you had a scheduled delivery and they pull your VIN, they really do want to get you into a car ASAP, probably to avoid messing up financing for people or questions about escrow or interest on the ACH transactions, etc. Will see.
This will be my fourth Tesla. My first 2012 MS85 was a nightmare experience because the company was brand new and everything was difficult, and understandable and forgivable. They missed a half dozen delivery estimates, but the car finally arrived and I absolutely loved it. My second MS delivery was a piece of cake. Ordered the car and took delivery in less than one month on 2015 MS85D. Our third Tesla was also a piece of cake with no glitches or delays on 2018 RWD LR M3. So our previous two Tesla deliveries were flawless with no problems. This last experience has been the absolute worse nightmare experience of my lifetime, and has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I fully understand Tesla is experiencing supply chain issues similar to other Auto OEMs, but the lack of communication with customers like me who have been loyal and faithful to the brand is entirely unacceptable. I have had my last three EDD's yanked away at the point I reached the front end of the delivery window with no explanation. Entirely unacceptable. I gave the Tesla representative an earful yesterday, but do not expect any positive changes. I sold my MS in August in anticipation of LR delivery, and have been without a car for 5+ months now.

This will be my fourth Tesla. My first 2012 MS85 was a nightmare experience because the company was brand new and everything was difficult, and understandable and forgivable. They missed a half dozen delivery estimates, but the car finally arrived and I absolutely loved it. My second MS delivery was a piece of cake. Ordered the car and took delivery in less than one month on 2015 MS85D. Our third Tesla was also a piece of cake with no glitches or delays on 2018 RWD LR M3. So our previous two Tesla deliveries were flawless with no problems. This last experience has been the absolute worse nightmare experience of my lifetime, and has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I fully understand Tesla is experiencing supply chain issues similar to other Auto OEMs, but the lack of communication with customers like me who have been loyal and faithful to the brand is entirely unacceptable. I have had my last three EDD's yanked away at the point I reached the front end of the delivery window with no explanation. Entirely unacceptable. I gave the Tesla representative an earful yesterday, but do not expect any positive changes. I sold my MS in August in anticipation of LR delivery, and have been without a car for 5+ months now.
I wonder if the MY and M3 orders are having this many issues as well.

Either way, it's a strange experience to provide to customers who are technically purchasing a luxury item. I mean, you could easily buy a Nissan Leaf or something and get 10x better service than what people are getting here paying 2-4x the price. The truth is that everyone knows that Tesla is great at making a car that doesn't require much service. And, perhaps that's why the service (and customer service) infrastructure is just straight up trash. Elon mentioned a while back that he was going to invest in this, but it certainly feels like it was a tremendous failure because the employees don't have the necessary tools and also don't seem to know what good customer service actually means.

Take for example the Plaid I saw on display at the Bellevue Square. The car was apparently sold but still on display and just locked. There was no sign or anything that would show that this item already belonged to someone. They could have easily just blocked it off or just put a piece of paper on it that indicated as much. So, naturally, people were pressing the door handle trying to get into the car, feeling confused as to why it wasn't working. Of course, all employees were busying doing something in the back, not attending to the customers who were experimenting with what was someone else's $150K car. I doubt this would ever happen with a $150K Audi R8 sitting at a dealer.

This is my first Tesla and probably won't be my last despite the issues that I've endured. However, I will definitely not be purchasing a "custom" order and will just stick with what's available in inventory. Their delivery experience, which is intended to be easy and eliminate the middle man, is actually terrible and worse than having to deal with the sales person at a dealer.

I wonder if the MY and M3 orders are having this many issues as well.

Either way, it's a strange experience to provide to customers who are technically purchasing a luxury item. I mean, you could easily buy a Nissan Leaf or something and get 10x better service than what people are getting here paying 2-4x the price. The truth is that everyone knows that Tesla is great at making a car that doesn't require much service. And, perhaps that's why the service (and customer service) infrastructure is just straight up trash. Elon mentioned a while back that he was going to invest in this, but it certainly feels like it was a tremendous failure because the employees don't have the necessary tools and also don't seem to know what good customer service actually means.

Take for example the Plaid I saw on display at the Bellevue Square. The car was apparently sold but still on display and just locked. There was no sign or anything that would show that this item already belonged to someone. They could have easily just blocked it off or just put a piece of paper on it that indicated as much. So, naturally, people were pressing the door handle trying to get into the car, feeling confused as to why it wasn't working. Of course, all employees were busying doing something in the back, not attending to the customers who were experimenting with what was someone else's $150K car. I doubt this would ever happen with a $150K Audi R8 sitting at a dealer.

This is my first Tesla and probably won't be my last despite the issues that I've endured. However, I will definitely not be purchasing a "custom" order and will just stick with what's available in inventory. Their delivery experience, which is intended to be easy and eliminate the middle man, is actually terrible and worse than having to deal with the sales person at a dealer.
Actually as an early adopter, Tesla service over the first eight years (2012-2019) for me in my experience has been EXCEPTIONAL not terrible as it is now. Also, I had my former MS in for servicing at the Lynwood SC this past Spring and it was also exceptional. My experience has been that the SC's really care deeply about providing a positive service experience, at least at the Seattle SC and Lynwood SC. Can't really comment about the other SC's in Seattle area. What I think is missing is on the Tesla delivery end where no-one seems to want to step up and provide customer feedback on what is going on with the matching of production/delivery of vehicles. When I talked to Tesla they only noted that my vehicle specifications were in a que waiting for a car with those specifications to be produced. There does not seem to be any prearranged logic based on actual orders and date of orders placed. Way too many folks who have been waiting for over one year now. I started in September 2020 with Plaid+ order. I never really cared about the super performance of the Plaid+ and only wanted the 4680 battery pack with the 500+ mile range. Switched to LR after the Plaid+ went away, and the nightmare wait started.