Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it feels incredibly strange to be planning this when I don't have the car yet and don't know when I will actually have it, does Elephant car wash actually clean well with just a high pressure wash system?

I avoid car washes that use brushes and clean it myself but would love it if I didn't have to do that. Just curious how effective it is and whether or not I need to go there regularly to make sure that dirt/grime don't settle.
It cleans okay, definitely not perfect, especially when your car is coated with the sticky antifreeze gunk they apply to the roads during the winter. You'll still need to do a hand wash if your car is super dirty. The no-touch car wash is a good first step to get all of the large particles off.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
September 2020, and no VIN sounds bad. Having 2 VINs retracted feels like we are being taunted. I hope your VIN comes through soon.
My friend, Cal and his wife placed a Plaid+ order within 15 minutes of our order, and when the Plaid+ was cancelled, I went with him to the Portland SC. He changed his order to the Plaid, and I changed our order to the LR. We drove them to pick up their Plaid in late July or early August. What a difference!
After the Plaid+ was cancelled I actually converted to Plaid order for about one month, but realized after watching utube's on LR MS that there was not enough positives between Plaid and LR without the 4680 batteries and switched to LR MS order. I( only wish I had made that conversion sooner, but your June order does not seem to have helped much. Word on the other thread is that batches of MSM builds are supposed to be happening at Fremont around mid-January, so maybe those of us with MSM configured cars may get some Tesla love. Way over due IMHO.

Reactions: jdr3d
EDD updated to 3/17-3/31 (2w), from 1/12-2/9 (4w).
I still remember it was showing 12/29-12/31 at beginning of Q4 (10/7). Look like they make production plan at beginning of each quarter.

🙃
I think most west coast orders will see this update soon where we are pushed out to end of quarter again. I too had the 12/29 - 12/31 and prior to that a 2 week range in December. I hope I am included in the Q1 batch and not pushed to end of Q2. 😕

Reactions: Buggybug
I think most west coast orders will see this update soon where we are pushed out to end of quarter again. I too had the 12/29 - 12/31 and prior to that a 2 week range in December. I hope I am included in the Q1 batch and not pushed to end of Q2. 😕
I hope not. I am seriously at the end of my patience with Tesla. They have screwed around with my EDD's for too long now. I am 5+ months without a car after selling my MS in August with the SA telling me my LR was practically on the way. Too many lies from Tesla and too many pushbacks on my EDDs. I will hit another EDD window tomorrow and will probably explode if they push me out yet again.☹️😭🥵

I just got off the phone with the Tesla service center in Portland.
Reportedly we were assigned a pre-production VIN (for our 2nd VIN), with 3 other customers in a similar situation, and delivery would have been 30 days delayed. This was not supposed to happen. I was told that a vehicle will be built for us and should be completed between Jan 13-15, and arrival at the service center Jan 16-18. I was told typical prep time is 24 hours, so actual delivery to us should be Jan 17-19.
We will have to wait and see if what I was told, actually happens!

EDD updated to 3/17-3/31 (2w), from 1/12-2/9 (4w).
I still remember it was showing 12/29-12/31 at beginning of Q4 (10/7). Look like they make production plan at beginning of each quarter.

🙃
I am still holding at the same EDD you had: 12 Jan - 9 Feb. No updates to my EDD yet, but am cringing in anticipation of what you just got. Hope yours flips back soon. This is complete madness and very much not an enjoyable experience.😡😠😰

Reactions: Buggybug
While it feels incredibly strange to be planning this when I don't have the car yet and don't know when I will actually have it, does Elephant car wash actually clean well with just a high pressure wash system?

I avoid car washes that use brushes and clean it myself but would love it if I didn't have to do that. Just curious how effective it is and whether or not I need to go there regularly to make sure that dirt/grime don't settle.
Thats what i was scared off so washed it at home.

I called the 888 number today just for giggles. The person said

"Your order profile is all set and we are at the home stretch. I see that it's currently scheduled for 1/13 - Feb 10, so you should be getting it by the end of the month. We're almost there and it's right around the corner".

When I asked him if there's anything that he can see that I can't, he responded with "I'd say that it's just right around the corner. Your profile is all good and we are just waiting for that build to complete."

Why do I do this to myself? I'm just asking for disappointment by calling that number.

I called the 888 number today just for giggles. The person said

"Your order profile is all set and we are at the home stretch. I see that it's currently scheduled for 1/13 - Feb 10, so you should be getting it by the end of the month. We're almost there and it's right around the corner".

When I asked him if there's anything that he can see that I can't, he responded with "I'd say that it's just right around the corner. Your profile is all good and we are just waiting for that build to complete."

Why do I do this to myself? I'm just asking for disappointment by calling that number.
Don’t feel bad, I expect to be calling tomorrow depending on EDD response.

Saw someone sitting in a brand new black MS parked near Grocery Outlet in Maple Valley, temporary plates, was that anyone on this thread that just got their car? I almost stopped to say hello, but didn't want to be a creeper.
Next time you should stop and drive, it was me . I go there often . By Panera bread or sometimes in Fred Meyers parking.

I hope so, called Tesla this a.m. and they said that they are trying to configure and deliver my car by the end of January. Seeing a VIN is believing, so I don't really take much stock in their answer. I am holding on and praying that they will deliver this time. 😟🤞🙏
I'm hitting my dreaded 1 month EDD range tomorrow. It's changed 5 times since I hit late Dec, so I'm fully expecting this to change.

Reactions: golonoro
I'm hitting my dreaded 1 month EDD range tomorrow. It's changed 5 times since I hit late Dec, so I'm fully expecting this to change.
My current EDD range is 28 days, and I hope yours does not change and that they get you a VIN/Car ASAP. You were right in stating calling the 888 number was a waste of time. They really don't have anything useful to share other than assuring you that they see our cars being configured/delivered. I wasted my time this a.m. but wanted to vent so called anyway. My SA has been on leave for past month, probably due to mental health issues from the stress of dealing with irate Tesla customers like me.

My current EDD range is 28 days, and I hope yours does not change and that they get you a VIN/Car ASAP. You were right in stating calling the 888 number was a waste of time. They really don't have anything useful to share other than assuring you that they see our cars being configured/delivered. I wasted my time this a.m. but wanted to vent so called anyway. My SA has been on leave for past month, probably due to mental health issues from the stress of dealing with irate Tesla customers like me.
I am in the same boat with you. Very similar order time 07/18/2022 with EDD just showing Feb now. I was seriously thinking about buying plaid or inventory long range. Hopefully we will get our cars soon!🤞

I spoke with a nice lady at my local service center who looked in her system and said it appeared my car will be arriving in Kansas City around Feb 15th, which is at the very end of my current EDD window. I'm actually really happy if that holds, as I'll be out of the country from Feb 1-18, and won't have to refuse delivery if the car arrives in mid-Feb. Of course, in all likelihood, the service center lady was probably totally making Sugar up, but it does sound good to me, so there's that...

And by delaying until mid-Feb, there's a slight chance I'll get the updated lights! I won't pass on a car to wait for those, though, but it would be nice!